Has anyone received post today? I'm S13 (27/12/14) ta

Your 'case' based on one letter out of hundreds of millions is a joke. Posting a letter to yourself as some sort of test of the mail system is a joke.

As I said before, the vast majority of Amazon parcels are delivered by Royal Mail because they provide Amazon with the best service and value for money.

Whatever huge parcel you had delivered for £1.47, the rest of the postage was obviously included in the purchase price as it simple isn't possible for any courier to break even never mind make any money at that price.

Sorry Rob but so not true. Pricing for the things I bought from Amazon was same as in shops with a slight discount and postage minimal on them - and they manage to deliver to promise unlike RM!! Not my experience at all today or on the other example I mention. The irony was a delivery by RM courier van to my home for a parcel - for my next door neighbours who are away this afternoon, and first on our street from RM since 22nd. The same RM great guys then turned up some hour or so later with my own street first delivery since 22nd - and with their admittance - have not delivered since 22nd. SO - don't give a monkeys now about Amazons courier services - they are clearly there to undercut you guys and beat you on delivery charges , and by delivering out of hours. Do you really think your service will last when others can undercut and provide a customer service that RM is clearly not capable, or judging by some of the responses, willing to deliver?>> I know where I will pay my money to.

By the way - Although I have had RM post today - My first class letter posted as described together with proper post code has still NOT been delivered by this shambolic service, despite other post arriving today posted in the same way some few days later - what on earth is this about??????

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 22:34 ----------

We are company from Ireland, we send a lot of packages worldwide. It is really awkward for me to explain UK customers that Royal Mail works the way they do. It is common thing that packages sent to Australia arrive after 4 days and it takes up to 10 working days for UK deliveries. It is less than 300 miles in distance from Ireland.

Indeed. I hope Rob is reading this and has a great RM explanation for this because it is senseless from a true UK based company that it should behave and equally be allowed to behave in this way. I do think that the Politicians are behind this, but maybe it is the top management - after all - see what happened to our national Soccer league after the transformation.....

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 22:39 ----------

Rob 1 - just to make clear - I in no way want to criticise the hard working, undervalued and poorly paid people that deliver my mail. What I want though is a service that delivers on its promises - on time, when it says it will, and does not stop for ridiculous reasons when others keep working - If I pay for a service and I see others delivering that service then I expect all to deliver that service full stop. No excuses.... Amazon has not had to apologise to me at all because it has delivered on every promise over this Festive season !!!!!!!!! - and not via RM but via its courier services. And that another rankle - not one apology to a customer from RM - not 1 reply in response to my email to them promising a reply in 3 working days which is now 5 working days - Love to see a response to that then from RM and Rob!!

---------- Post added 30-12-2014 at 22:44 ----------

In addition to my last post, can I make it a little clear that I don't think I should respond to Rob on this anymore. We clearly have very diverse opinions which is fine, but I think I need to leave it to others now to comment. Rob - I seriously hope I have not offended you with my posts. I just think you and I have such diverse experience and opinion on this that I should leave it with you before it becomes out of hand and moderators intervene. Harryarwen