Does god get fed up of having to forgive sex offenders and murderers ?

AGAIN, no christian has a holier than thou attitude. Christian's are sinners. Everyone is a sinner. We're all on a level playing field.

Neither to Christians to be honest. God doesn't say that I need to attend church every Sunday at 9.00 and 6.00 or I'm not getting into heaven.

As I said, whilst the physical presence of church is going, it will always be around. Be it all gathered in 1 church like St Paul's or a church in the next village. Your wish for Christianity to disappear will not occur in yours or my lifetime.

God Bless

It will be gone though and the sooner the better,the faithful are dying out rapidly and if it wasn't for the Africans here the figures would look even bleaker.Surely the all powerful god could do something? or perhaps its because there is no such thing or every human being would be faithful.

It will be gone though and the sooner the better,the faithful are dying out rapidly and if it wasn't for the Africans here the figures would look even bleaker.Surely the all powerful god could do something? or perhaps its because there is no such thing or every human being would be faithful.

The African's here? :huh::hihi:

Nothing like racial stereotyping is there? :roll:

My powerful God will do something thanks. Pick up the bible and you'll find out.

The reason you can't understand it is because you aren't willing to listen.

Read back through my posts and you will see (several times) that I am saying we are ALL as bad as each other. The world is sinful. I believe in God, yet I am a sinner, you choose not to believe in God, you are a sinner.

No-one is taking the moral high ground because there is none.

OK childish analogies aside, God punishes sin because sin is all about 'self'. By rejecting God, you are committing sin and saying that you don't need God. You are basically saying you are your own God thus not needing God the Father.

So it's not a case of "Hanging out with other peoples dads" whatever that meant. Rather turning your back on the person that created you.

I object to this holier than thou statement. Who are you to decide that I am a sinner because I don't have the same view as you. What gives your God the right to decide that? I have never stolen anything, deliberately hurt anybody mentally or physically but in your world I couldn't go to heaven because I am a sinner but if a murder a 3 year old child who clearly hasn't had time to be a sinner and beg forgiveness I'll be allowed in. Your God has double standards

I object to this holier than thou statement. Who are you to decide that I am a sinner because I don't have the same view as you. What gives your God the right to decide that? I have never stolen anything, deliberately hurt anybody mentally or physically but in your world I couldn't go to heaven because I am a sinner but if a murder a 3 year old child who clearly hasn't had time to be a sinner and beg forgiveness I'll be allowed in. Your God has double standards

we are all sinners are you totally perfect ? do you ever argue with family or friends ? God actually has one standard and we all come short of that , because we aren't perfect .

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:46 ----------

How can you know that you are right? they are just as likely to be on the right track ,then you will be in the same boat as me.

Because the Bible tells us so and living by faith means believing without evidence but we do have the bible as a guide to help us along the way

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:49 ----------

So its worship me or be tormented for eternity,well my free will tells me your god is a bully and I do not take to bullies very well.

God is no Bully he's there guiding us to safety he is being the good Shepard,

There are many names for God Jehovah-Raah the lord is my Shepard psalm 23

we are all sinners are you totally perfect ? do you ever argue with family or friends ? God actually has one standard and we all come short of that , because we aren't perfect .

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:46 ----------

Because the Bible tells us so and living by faith means believing without evidence but we do have the bible as a guide to help us along the way

Why would you want to believe something without evidence?

According to God it is ok to rape and beat women but not ok to like my neighbours Ox. Your God is vile, callous and murderous. I am genuinely amazed when people profess their love for him and can only assume that most of them have never read the Bible.

God can keep his standards.

Oh wow, you think God can heal people with the power of prayer!

I've always wanted to ask a question to someone who believes that, and that is this:

How come God never chooses to heal amputees? Seeing as they're miracles and all that why should it be limited only to things that sometimes heal on their own?

I tell you, that would really shake my atheism, seeing someone grow an arm back through the power of prayer!

Many years ago there was a healing of a young teacher here in Sheffield she had a leg longer than the other , and was due to have an operation to lengthen the shorter leg , we ll she was prayed for , her leg became very warm and grew , so when she went to hospital they measured for the operation , her legs and they were both the same size yet before that there was a difference , there are miracles like this happening and can be verified but its down to you being open my own mother had a lump in her leg which came and went now in the end of her life that lump came back and was diagnosed but in the time between the lump appearing and going she had time to make provision for her last days ! which she did peacefully.

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:57 ----------

Why would you want to believe something without evidence?

trust is a major part in that relationship of faith we trust God to honour his promises and we know he will because he tells us so and has never shown himself to be any different to us

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 08:58 ----------

According to God it is ok to rape and beat women but not ok to like my neighbours Ox. Your God is vile, callous and murderous. I am genuinely amazed when people profess their love for him and can only assume that most of them have never read the Bible.

God can keep his standards.

No God isnt saying that at all you are not seeing it in the right context.

Edited by teeny

Many years ago there was a healing of a young teacher here in Sheffield she had a leg longer than the other , and was due to have an operation to lengthen the shorter leg , we ll she was prayed for , her leg became very warm and grew , so when she went to hospital they measures her legs and they were both the same size , there are miracles like this happening and can be verified but its down to you being open..

OMW! Please tell me you are really a troll. Teeny, the leg thing is one of biggest scams going amongst faith-healers.

You need better mates than the praying doctor,as for the lump,it would have gone down praying or not.If all these corny anecdotes that the religious come up with were true,hospitals would have no need for doctors,only prayers.You are as bible blind as they come,why do you think people are living longer? not because more people are praying that is for sure.

Lottie Cass you seem very angry at god by your comments , yes people live longer now as a result of better diet , better health care etc also did you know there is a panel of doctors who deal with miracles , it may be US situated but they look at medical evidence to do with this , they are an independent group set up to investigate miracles all over the world

---------- Post added 06-01-2015 at 09:55 ----------

OMW! Please tell me you are really a troll. Teeny, the leg thing is one of biggest scams going amongst faith-healers.

No this is real , she was a local teacher based in dronfied , I knew her many years ago , he doctor was at the northern general he actually said it was a miracle , The thing is here she had been told to expect to be in a wheel chair by the age of 30 and was already struggling with hip pain , back pain etc

I am not sure that we have anything to do with Dr Dollar although dr Ransom mamba was under his ministry , In elshaddai Sheffield we under pastor Sam and we are a church in our own right , I am not sure of these accusations that have been spoken of and none of my friends know about this and they have been there alot longer than me , We have never been forced to give money and its never ever been discussed that we should be given more etc
Well now you do know.

Ramson Mumba calls the shots for all UK El Shaddai centres, including Sheffield.

The churches in Houston texas are self governing and have no debt problems , they were established in the last 2 years , so my guess is its gossip as somebody has taken offence and publicly made accusations , as we all know even if you are innocent mud sticks but as we are all sinners there are things that happen which get blown up out of all pre portion and things get added so the sorry here is possibly gossip , I used to work in local radio and i am well aware how the press use journalistic licence ! I have a friend who presently works at the BBC in london he could tell you a few things which are only half truths that have been reported to be correct but just remember bad press sell as bad news is the only news which sells

I think you might have misread something, I don't think I've posted anything that claims the Houston branch has debt problems.

No this is real , she was a local teacher based in dronfied , I knew her many years ago , he doctor was at the northern general he actually said it was a miracle , The thing is here she had been told to expect to be in a wheel chair by the age of 30 and was already struggling with hip pain , back pain etc

Something like that would be on her medical records and there would be a lot of people in the medical profession writing papers on it. I suspect you are lying or that you've been duped.

And yet the premise of God is yet to be disproven. It really is a pointless debate because neither side can prove their claim. Instead, the whole thread turns into a mere school-yard tit-for-tat argument. With each side scoring points off the other for successfully arguing a minor point that didn't form the basis of the original argument.

It is not necessary to disprove the existence of any gods, what reason is there to believe in any of them in the first place?

What made you believe in your god, originally?

Why don't you believe in any of the others?

Can you disprove the other gods don't exist?