SF Competition time! spot the Gritter

They went up and down our road about 4 times between 8 and midnight. not sure why our road gets so well gritted. maybe because its a bus route.

No through roads gritted in Lowedges (by the council at least). Local farmer came round last night towing a gritter which has helped slightly. Apparently he does it most years - so if you're reading Mr Farmer - thank you, its very thoughtful of you!

No through roads gritted in Lowedges (by the council at least). Local farmer came round last night towing a gritter which has helped slightly. Apparently he does it most years - so if you're reading Mr Farmer - thank you, its very thoughtful of you!

Quite possibly contracted by the council to do some of the less serious areas - Leeds does the same thing for the outlying villages which are gritted or ploughed by local farmers.

Had them twice today in Oughtibridge up and down church street plough on front grit from back

gritter seen on abbey lane at lunch time

Went out this afternoon around 2 ish, and the main road through Crookes was very bad with compacted snow and ice, most of the way down to Broomhill, little or no attempt appeared to have been made to clear it.

When I came back a couple of hours later, did see a gritter heading through Crookes towards Broomhill, blade uselessly bouncing along onto top of said compacted snow and ice, but it was spreading grit

You have more chance of seeing a camel than a gritter in NE Derbyshire..

I've been working in North Doncaster, where they had a little sprinkling of snow. I was at a house which is not a bus route, and to my surprise there was a gritter and a snowplough, I think the homeowner was as shocked as me xxx

Amey have a notice up saying they will be out again gritting.

What do they mean 'again' ?

Amey have a notice up saying they will be out again gritting.

What do they mean 'again' ?

I am sure they have been out but they need to be on the case as soon as it starts up

no gritters,no ploughs on the lowedges estate,main road okay,but why haven't they made any effort to help people get to them,total disgrace,people having to clear roads

to try to get to main roads,why do we pay taxs to the council,i thought once the main roads were done they would at least grit the side roads so you can get to them,but nothing on lowedges except lowedges road.