What advice would you give your 21 year old self?

Aren't the mistakes and bad choices we make in life; part of who we are? How imperfect, frail, fallible we are; and if we weren't, then we wouldn't really be us.

Stop being so angst ridden and uptight....oh, and get an effin job!

Aren't the mistakes and bad choices we make in life; part of who we are? How imperfect, frail, fallible we are; and if we weren't, then we wouldn't really be us.

Yes they are, but for me this is not about any choices that I made. I fell ill and lost my career, my health, my independence and a whole load of other things when I was 26 (and I couldn't change that if I was going back to deliver a message to the 21 year old me) so I'd rather have fitted in a bit more exploring and enjoying myself before ending up unable to do all of those good things.

Yes they are, but for me this is not about any choices that I made. I fell ill and lost my career, my health, my independence and a whole load of other things when I was 26 (and I couldn't change that if I was going back to deliver a message to the 21 year old me) so I'd rather have fitted in a bit more exploring and enjoying myself before ending up unable to do all of those good things.

I don't know what's worse. Not being able to enjoy good things. Or being able to, but choosing (for whatever reason) not to...

There's a lot about me, I wish was different; mostly, it's stuff to do with how I see the world, and how I see and feel about myself. In fact; do I wish I was different? Maybe I don't. We're stuck with who we are; and just have to cherish and accept what we have, and who we are.

Oh boy, where do I begin?

Quit goofing off in school and at work, you should be ashamed not to be doing your very best. Travel more. I know you don't believe it, but money will not fix everything.

Stop wasting your time with people who don't care about you and listen to those who do. The former usually speak the loudest.

Worry less about what others think, live your life. Enjoy your youth and beauty, they won't last forever.

Enjoy your children when they are babies and forget about cleaning, the dirt and laundry will be there tomorrow. When your father in law makes snide remarks about your sticky kitchen floor, hand him a mop. :D

Don't take those you love for granted, one day they will be gone.

Just to have fun and not worry about things, be nice to other people.

Bit sad to see people want to advise themselves how to get filthy rich.

Just to have fun and not worry about things, be nice to other people.

Bit sad to see people want to advise themselves how to get filthy rich.

It's only so I could give it to the needy chem.