What advice would you give your 21 year old self?

Die now and be done with it.

Is that aimed at me?

No, it's what I would tell my 21-year old self as the thread says.

Don't worry so much, say no more often :D, don't waste time with people who make you feel bad. You don't need them, honest.

Why is it? I don't believe in fate one little bit.

Was the decision to go to Iraq to look for WOMD a good decision at the time?

My post has nothing to do with fate. You may have missed the point:huh:

Like everyone else on the planet (myself included), we will make some decisions tomorrow and every day. Some will be insignificant, some will be important. Whatever they are, we will believe they are the correct ones "right at the time". However, decisions made tomorrow by us may be considered wrong by us in a few years time.

As for your Iraq example, I don’t think you or I felt that decision was right at any point, not now and not then. As for Bush & Blair I guess they simply didn’t care, but that’s a topic for another thread.

Don't sell the house you blagged a mortgage for, do finally give joining the raf some thought and if that doesn't pan out, finish SOMETHING.

And don't listen to people. Most of them will let you down. Do what you want and bugger every one else.

Erm don't choose buying your house over your phD then also never write that first post on SF both of them would make my life totally different, don;t know if it would be better but i think the odds are way in my favour it would :)

Don't sell the house you blagged a mortgage for, do finally give joining the raf some thought and if that doesn't pan out, finish SOMETHING.

And don't listen to people. Most of them will let you down. Do what you want and bugger every one else.

How did you blag your mortgage?

How did you blag your mortgage?

Blag was poor phrasing on my part. It was 95% mortgage based on a salary I hadn't been on very long and a job I'd not been long in either with precious little credit history. And I was above board and honest with them. Trying getting that deal now!

Blag was poor phrasing on my part. It was 95% mortgage based on a salary I hadn't been on very long and a job I'd not been long in either with precious little credit history. And I was above board and honest with them. Trying getting that deal now!

Basically, any responsible lender should have turned you away?

And people on here have the cheek to blame people like you rather than the banks?!

95% mortgages shouldn't exist. They should have asked for a copy of your employment contract, because I'm assuming you were on some sort of probation period?

I know I'm a bit of a banker basher, but you should have never been given that mortgage.