25 years since the great massacre

What, like on the 8th of Sept 1951...:)

Blades 7-3, but that wasn't my point.

Better part of 40 years since. Jumpers for goal posts etc. Anybody would think that Wednesday had put 7 goals past us :hihi::hihi:

Better part of 40 years since. Jumpers for goal posts etc. Anybody would think that Wednesday had put 7 goals past us :hihi::hihi:

No we put 4 past you and and conceded none, sent you on a massive downer from then on :hihi::hihi:

Wasnt it the 100th Sheffield derby? record attendance for a match in that division as well,and Chrimbo as well.....doesnt get much sweeter really does it,apart from an fa cup semi at of ALL places wembley LOL :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Wasnt it the 100th Sheffield derby? record attendance for a match in that division as well,and Chrimbo as well.....doesnt get much sweeter really does it,apart from an fa cup semi at of ALL places wembley LOL :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not sure about the 100th, but apparently the Wembley thing doesn't count unless you lose at the new Wembley :hihi:

Blades 7-3, but that wasn't my point.

Wow imagine that, I'll have to look the song up.

Always brings a wry smile to my face when that lot brings this up, gets bigger every single year. To know what it must mean to them to have soundly beaten one of the worst teams in our history, to still be harping on about it 35 years later and counting...

Well let's just say the other way around and we'd have forgotten about it within a couple of years.

The day you see United celebrating a big victory over that lot with anniversary dinners and walls of fame will be the day I realise just how small time we've become..

As a result of that now world famous thrashing, that is still talked about in world football today, We now have the biggest tent in football, envied throughout European football!

Always brings a wry smile to my face when that lot brings this up, gets bigger every single year. To know what it must mean to them to have soundly beaten one of the worst teams in our history, to still be harping on about it 35 years later and counting...

Well let's just say the other way around and we'd have forgotten about it within a couple of years.

The day you see United celebrating a big victory over that lot with anniversary dinners and walls of fame will be the day I realise just how small time we've become..

You never become full stop ! :hihi:

Every year we celebrate by soluting when every goal went in followed by songs ie "if you dont ...,,.,,, bounce" etc. A big drinking sesh and dinner lol

You must have a very painful neck....

Edited by Starlc

As a result of that now world famous thrashing, that is still talked about in world football today, We now have the biggest tent in football, envied throughout European football!

What, when we beat you at Bramall Lane 7-3 in 1951...:hihi::hihi:

Bit sad though that the owls most cherished result was in the equivalent of League 1, and still the pinnacle 36 years on? I think it's only talked about by owls fans, not many others seem to care about it really... apart from "why are they obsessed with a third division win back when Maggie Thatcher had just taken power"...

How will you remember this great victory?

Like a Gladiator in the Arena slaying a Christian slave United were cut to pieces before the eyes of their most loyal of supporters

I plan to stand to attention saluting for 1 minute on the very minute the first goal went in

What about blades fans, will you be weeping? I guess for many tomorrow will be a difficult day.

If your going to gloat make sure you get the facts correct first :loopy: but hey ...... 08.09.1951 was a more memorable game so says my father