'Recommended Knitting & Crochet Links' sticky thread has been updated

Just updated with a link to Beads Direct, an online bead shop which has excellent service; order placed yesterday afternoon and arrived this morning. Excellent if you're thinking about doing any knitting with beads.

Updated again with a link to Boogie Knits - a massive list of free sook patterns.

Just updated with a link to an American shop, The Knitting Zone. It has an amazing selection of yarns at fantastic prices. The delivery cost and time are excellent too. If you want to buy Lorna's Laces, Artyarns Supermerino etc, it's far cheaper (and in some cases quicker) to buy it from here. Highly recommended.

Just updated with a new knitter's blog - Purple Duckie - which has lots of information on dyeing your own yarn.

There are also links to the yarns newly-available in this country: Brown Sheep, Cascade and Fleece Artist (more sock yarn!)

I've also just started a new section on spinning and dyeing your own fibre; something that I really want to get into. Anyone know where I can buy some sheep? :hihi:

Just updated with a link to Posh Yarns, a shop which sells luxury yarns (cashmere, cashmere/merino etc), and more information about the Sheffield LYS The Wool Baa.

I've also just started a new section on spinning and dyeing your own fibre; something that I really want to get into. Anyone know where I can buy some sheep? :hihi:

I'm sure I could get you a few. Nudge nudge :wink: :wink: :o

Just updated with a couple of new links in the sock knitting section. Thanks Lisa :) .

Just updated with a link to a series of free instructional videos for beginner knitters. Thanks, beansforyou, for the recommendation :) .

Updated again with another new link in the spinning section, and a link to Knitplayground, an online knitters' magazine.

Just updated with a link to a new online knitters' magazine: For the Love of Yarn.

Hi Hecate, glad to note you haven't recommended a certain online yarn shop. I'll spare their blushes by not naming them but their service is currently appalling. I eventually got my needles almost three months after placing my order, having been told they had no record of it (even though they'd sent half the products). I've seen many many appalling reports of them on the internet, and they are totally uncontactable when you're trying to chase up your order. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody, maybe they'll realise they've got to pull their (knitted!) socks up if they don't want to lose all their business.

Just to say that they have massively improved over the last few months - I know there's no excuses for some of their problems but they are now back to their previously good service.

Just to say that they have massively improved over the last few months - I know there's no excuses for some of their problems but they are now back to their previously good service.

That's good to hear. If anyone has had any positive experiences ordering from them, I'd be happy to put them in the recommended links section.