Temporary fostering for a puppy

We have been contacted by a lady that urgently needs a foster home for her puppy for a few months early January. This is not something that Rain Rescue can do, we can only care for dogs that are legally owned by the charity.

I have asked the lady to have a look on here and see if anyone (thats known to the moderators) could offer a temporary foster home.

Again, to confirm, this is nothing to do with Rain Rescue

The dog is a genuine small puppy from the photo i have seen he looks labrador x and cute and cute as could be. Foster home needs to be at home for at least most of the day (max 3 hours being left).

please message me if anyone could offer a temporary home and I will put you 2 in touch with each other. I would suggest you both draw up suitable legal documents to cover all eventualities i.e. - insurance, vet fees, food, relinquishment, ownership etc.,

Hope someone can help and I can send over a photo if anyone can. She's a cute.

Edited by Rainrescue

This isn't an offer, in case anybody is reading... but I'd be interested to hear more info. The plan at the moment (for our circumstances) is to volunteer for support dogs, so it would take a special set of circumstances for us to change that plan, and obviously, having a 4yr old, it would be dependent on size and previous experiences the dog has had

Thanks Strix.

Its a proper puppy which is the photo i have been sent - looks small labrador type. I have asked the lady to send me an email address and dates needed to start and to finish. If they come through I will forward onto you privately.

thanks for half offering.

jaq

Why do i have 4 small dogs with attitude when i would love a puppy for a while.

Just to keep you updated. I told the lady there was a potential offer, but she hasn't come back to me since. Thanks for trying

Will be finding more info out tonight hopefully later.

I will let you both know and see whats seems right. Once we know how long/until

thanks

---------- Post added 29-12-2014 at 18:03 ----------

Ok - I now have the email address and contact for the lady needing temporary foster home care.

Could Strix and Peaches and any other offers please email me on [email protected] and I will forward you both onto talk to each other.

It should be a nice easy foster all being well but as above its not something Rain Rescue can be involved in as we don't cover fostering but want to help her in her plight.