Christmas alone

You will always be welcome at our fishing matches Cliff as will Andrew. I will never forget the sight of the pair of you in pink tutus at Lillies Match. :D

Spent the whole day alone. Had a lie in, put the washing on, watched Finding Nemo DVD to avoid the rubbish tv.

I had no presents to open & i called my mum to say hi. Currently cooking a turkey breast joint for a roast dinner.

I work in a supermarket, so all Christmas means to me is a rather unpleasant sense of selfish consumerism. I've spent the past few weeks seeing some of the worst side of the "Christmas spirit". I'm glad to finally have a rest & chill out!

Even when i have "done" Christmas i've bought only my partner a present and the day has been about as festive as today - a tiny tree, a simple roast dinner & chilling out. No excessive amount of food, drink & mayhem. It is very satisfying!

I just don't understand the pressure to deliver a "perfect" Christmas. Perfection is subjective, surely?

And what do people actually do with all that food and drink and everything else in just one day???

Spent the whole day alone. Had a lie in, put the washing on, watched Finding Nemo DVD to avoid the rubbish tv.

I had no presents to open & i called my mum to say hi. Currently cooking a turkey breast joint for a roast dinner.

I work in a supermarket, so all Christmas means to me is a rather unpleasant sense of selfish consumerism. I've spent the past few weeks seeing some of the worst side of the "Christmas spirit". I'm glad to finally have a rest & chill out!

Even when i have "done" Christmas i've bought only my partner a present and the day has been about as festive as today - a tiny tree, a simple roast dinner & chilling out. No excessive amount of food, drink & mayhem. It is very satisfying!

I just don't understand the pressure to deliver a "perfect" Christmas. Perfection is subjective, surely?

And what do people actually do with all that food and drink and everything else in just one day???

Blimey you're a bundle of laughs

I've had a very pleasant day, thank you for your concern. Hope you had a good day too. ;)

Certainly did sweetie, spent it with my OH :love:

I'm so glad to be told it's okay not to enjoy the Christmas season.

---------- Post added 24-12-2014 at 19:11 ----------

Cards are delivered with ''jolly'' Christmas and ''merry'' Christmas.

I don't appreciate that sort of greeting at the moment.

So was I. It's over. Life goes on. If you let it.

I have been on my own with my kiddo for Christmas, New year ect for many years now. It is a relief in a way and try to make the most out of it but at the same time could feel bit lonely/emotional too. I have been thinking it would be nice for a group of TRUSTWORTHY people who would usually spend Christmas alone to meet up as a group and celebrate together! Especially us single parents. That way, all the kids could have fun together and us adult could enjoy some well-deserved adult company too :D

Edited by Jas4

Considering the number of truly sad posts in this thread I think that remark was uncalled for Denlin.

Considering the number of truly sad posts in this thread I think that remark was uncalled for Denlin.

Sorry but the post I referred to was hardly helping OP who I know personally at a bad time in his life.

hi I split from my wife the sunday before Christmas .I had already decided to take myself out of it a month or so before. I love Christmas not the religious side the tinsel and having a real massive tree inside its barmy . its worked for me because I cut myself away from the radio /tv /computer that's the reason why I have only just seen this . I love my wife and I know she is going through the same thing as I am we had been together 11yrs and married for 3.5yrs. I kept my adult children and grand children away just so they didn't get any vibes that I was unhappy and therefor I didn't spoil there holiday .anyway the point being we are over the other side now so just build to the next 1 an if your still alone/lonely next 1 take this experience and build on it . I loved having a partner at Christmas to share the ups and downs but I havnt this year and im still here and so will you if you don't let it engulf your mind.