Christmas alone

Some lovely replies on this topic especially from Dalek Boy.

I agree - its just one day and theres far too much emphasis put on it with everyone dashing around days before all trying to make their day perfect when in all honesty it all ends up in a massive anti climax with plenty of wasted food that nobody really wanted anyway.

New years eve is another farce - do people really think that when the midnight bells chime that massive change is coming?? You still have to go to work and struggle to pay bills, there will still be crimes committed and all the evil wont go away.

So i wouldnt make too much fuss mate - enjoy time on your own because you dont have to please anyone then. Ive been through a break up and hated being on my own at first but now 6 years on theres nothing i like more after a hectic day at work than coming home to my little flat and locking my door behind me and being alone for the night - heaven !!

Good luck and all the best to you - even if you dont enjoy being alone this year I guarantee that eventually you will enjoy it some day

The first time I did it, it was a bit depressing. But I've done it a couple of times since and it's not too bad. Just make sure you have things to keep you busy, a good book or something similar.

Watching TV is pretty depressing as all the programmes seem to just re-inforce this delusion that everyone should be ecstatically happy at Christmas and surrounded by loads of people, and for a lot of us this really isn't the case.

Whatever your religion or thoughts about Christmas I wish you peace and a prosperous new year.

..............................................................................................

Your words Dalekboy.

I couldn't have put it better

Peace and goodwill to all.

Yeah I'm sure it will get easier. Sorted myself for the day, going fishing of all things. That will keep me yo myself, without any other cares or worries.

And thank you again to everyone for all your comments and feedback.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

If youre alone this Christmas, or struggling to deal with the next week or so, the forum is here to help. Please be aware that if you need immediate help to please reach out to your GP or emergency services.

If you need to speak to someone, immediately there are loads of people who will be listening. For reference their numbers are as follows:

• Calm Zone
    National 0800 585858
    http://www.thecalmzone.net
    Campaign Against Living Miserably. Help and support for young men aged 15-35 on issues which include depression and suicide.
  • Samaritans - 0845 790 90 90
  • Childline - 0800 1111
  • HOPELine
    For young people up to the age of 35, 0800 068 41 41 (10am – 5pm & 7pm – 10pm, Weekends 2pm – 5pm). Or text: 07786 209697 or email: [email protected]
  • SANE is one of the UK’s leading charities concerned with improving the lives of everyone affected by mental illness.
    Helpline: 0845 767 8000, every day, 1:00pm-11:00pm (lo-call rate)
    Email: [email protected]

All of the above will be manning lines over the holiday season and to just listen.

I hope all our members who are struggling this holiday season, know its only a few days and it will get better. I promise.

You dont not have to feel any other way then you do and dont let others tell you different. Its okay not to enjoy the Christmas season.

tomorrow will be my 2nd Christmas Day alone for the same reason.

I got through last year by totally ignoring the fact it was Christmas Day. As far I was concerned Christmas Day was on 26th Dec last year and will be this year too as this was the day that I spent with opening presents / having meals with family. I'm doing the same this year - with children and wider family get together on Friday

As for tomorrow, it is Thursday - just another day. I'll enjoy doing what I want to do, eating when / what I want to, watching what I want to watch without interruption and then preparing things ready for 'my' Christmas Day on Friday

Whatever you do, I hope your day goes well

I'll be alone but as I'm alone most days will be no different for me. Still having Xmas lunch and then just sit and chill in front off tv.

Anyone on Twitter who is on their own & would like a bit of company, Sarah Millican is doing the #joinin hashtag tomorrow

I'm so glad to be told it's okay not to enjoy the Christmas season.

---------- Post added 24-12-2014 at 19:11 ----------

Cards are delivered with ''jolly'' Christmas and ''merry'' Christmas.

I don't appreciate that sort of greeting at the moment.

Be safe in the knowledge Carmen that you have many forum friends on who you can turn to ... God Bless.

I'm glad I put this thread on now. Felt a bit stupid at first but you do feel there's only yourself feeling this way. Right now though feeling Rock Bottom. Be glad to get out the other side.

I'm glad I put this thread on now. Felt a bit stupid at first but you do feel there's only yourself feeling this way. Right now though feeling Rock Bottom. Be glad to get out the other side.

Ah, nowt to feel stupid about at all. I doubt anyone has read this and thought that.

Hope you feel ok, or the other side comes quickly for you :)