Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

what about caps, limits, I stream TV and that on simply broadband

what about caps, limits, I stream TV and that on simply broadband

Not sure if that was addressed to me but..

EE are unlimited but do state that they do traffic shaping at peak times. I use Kodi and stream as well and have had no problems but I admit I don't stream until the evening as I don't watch UK TV.

Talktalk are removing the 10% speedy payment discount on 1st December. They are fast becoming one of the most expensive providers.

Talktalk are removing the 10% speedy payment discount on 1st December. They are fast becoming one of the most expensive providers.

That's a shame as I always take advantage of that.

I like the Anytime Boost that TalkTalk offer - I use 550 minutes(on average) a month.

I also like the unlimited broadband. I use 55GB a month, on average.

There's some good things about TalkTalk.

That's a shame as I always take advantage of that.

I like the Anytime Boost that TalkTalk offer - I use 550 minutes(on average) a month.

I also like the unlimited broadband. I use 55GB a month, on average.

There's some good things about TalkTalk.

I also use the £10% discount :sad:

I also have the Anytime call Boost at £7.50 per month but can see this being on their hit list of price increases in the near future.

I also use the £10% discount :sad:

I also have the Anytime call Boost at £7.50 per month but can see this being on their hit list of price increases in the near future.

I've worked it out and I still would get good value.

I make most of my calls to both landlines and mobiles from my landline phone and this amounts to a lot of minutes.

The mobile just isn't good enough. Poor reception, calls being dropped and sometimes I can't make or receive calls on that at all so that's why I want the landline - it never lets me down.

What a bunch of cowboys. Internet security rule number 1 is to NEVER have the credit card/banking database customer facing!

You are supposed to have credit card details stored on a seperate server that you can write new card details to but cannot read them back (from the web), except the last few digits, specifically to avoid this sort of breach being possible.

Unfortunately you never find out companies have such shady security practices until something like this happens.

Edited by AlexAtkin

You are meant to have them encrypted as well...

I suspect the ICO are going to be very busy taking a good look at talktalk as are the PCI peeps.

For the people on talk talk. Turn off your hub for 5 minutes. Unplug the telephone wire to the hub. Turn back on the hub. Then using an Ethernet and PC/laptop. Turn on your PC and hub and go to internet settings. Then view Internet. And right click on hub. The browser should come up and ask you for password and login. You should have this. Log in and go to hub settings and change your hub name and password. Write it down and keep new password safe. Also go to change login details and change the login details that you used to get into the hub settings and write this down. You can use any name or password just make it harder for other people to use. Then plug the cable back into your hub and use as normal. Then you will need to change all password for all your logins. Facebook/ email etc. Hope this helps but do it fast. Good luck. Just cause you think you have not been hacked,be extra safe. You could have been hacked and they have not done anything yet. Pass this round keep and safe on line.

A question: how can you change TT passwords, etc, when you can't even get into your account?

A question: how can you change TT passwords, etc, when you can't even get into your account?

I tried changing my password today but, as you say, I can't get into my account