Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

Simply Broadband going up 1.50 to 5.00 in June.

other changes

SimplyBroadband £3.50 £5.00

Essentials TV £8.50 £10.00

Plus TV £18.50 £20.00

Essentials Broadband & Calls £8.50 £10.00

Plus Broadband & Calls £18.50 £20.00

Fibre Customers: Your TalkTalk plan will change to the new prices above, but there's no change to the charges for Fibre Medium / Fibre Large.

0845 and 0870 inclusive calls

From 1st July calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers will no longer be inclusive in any TalkTalk plans.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 12:27 ----------

We've already got more free calling features than any other provider, saving you £153 a year compared to BT! Why not check out our latest offers for you in My Account to save even more?

Is this true, if they take the line rental upfront discount out,

Plus Net are offering free internet for a year.

Edited by gamezone07

Yes I did not really want the TV Package but got a £10 reduction on VLR for taking it - thought I had lost anytime calls but this is now included in Broadband Plus package. VLR up front means only paying £9 odd a month. Was actually impressed with the ViewPlus Box as both the i-Can and Wii are no longer supported by BBC i-Player - plus I get all the other catch up channels. At first I thought it would not work as only on ADSL - 400 Kbps download speeds average. But it works with only occasional buffering.

Sorry, who is that reply to?

The thread in general, more particularly the OP! ;)

It'll be related to the new OFCOM rules on non-geographic numbers - part of the charge is set by the number owner, so it is difficult for a phone provider to include it in any package as they aren't setting the costs.

I suppose they could say that the access charge is included but the service charge isn't, but I'm guessing that would lead to a lot of calls to their customer support!

Can't find anything on their web site about this.

So now, thanks to Ofcom, I am to be charged for calling these numbers. :rant:

and they are up again!

simply broadband now 7.50, it was 3.50 a couple of years ago, landline rental is now 17.50! maybe cheaper than others, but the trajectory is clear.

and they are up again!

simply broadband now 7.50, it was 3.50 a couple of years ago, landline rental is now 17.50! maybe cheaper than others, but the trajectory is clear.

Line rental is now £17.70. Their prices are going through the roof. I shall be looking elsewhere for a deal when my contract is up.

I noticed that, never had a problem with TT but will give them a chance before I try Plusnet, would save me £70 over the year if I switched.

Line rental is now £17.70. Their prices are going through the roof. I shall be looking elsewhere for a deal when my contract is up.

Try EE.

Line rental £13.75 PM if you pay for a year upfront including free weekend calls. 12 month only contract and £1 PM for broadband for 12 months. Speed was better than TT and Plusnet as well.

Been on it for nearly a year with no problems at all and now waiting for Superfast FTC to go active in my area so I can get that.

Oh yeah, they also give up to £100 towards cancellation costs from your old supplier.

Edited by apelike