Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

Which ever way you look at it, data breaches of any kind through hacking is going to happen.

Had a call from TT today asking why I wanted to leave and told them for me it was price, not used line for calls in 5 years (no phone even connected) just need internet.

Their cost for 12 months would be about £300, moving to Plusnet would be £150 with cash back, after this I may look at a sim dongle.

Well, if costs do soar to that level next year then I might well leave - at the moment I am in a contract and I don't want BT or PlusNet or Sky - perhaps my internet days are numbered! :hihi:

TalkTalk are currently trying to make amends after the cyber attack and have some free offers.

One is a free upgrade to the 'anytime' landline phone package.

I was already paying the extra £7-50 per month for this- they have allowed me to cancel it and then take the free upgrade offer of 'anytime' for a year so it's saved me £90

TalkTalk are currently trying to make amends after the cyber attack and have some free offers.

One is a free upgrade to the 'anytime' landline phone package.

I was already paying the extra £7-50 per month for this- they have allowed me to cancel it and then take the free upgrade offer of 'anytime' for a year so it's saved me £90

I pay £7.50 per month for calls. I phoned last week and tried to get it as a free upgrade just like you did but they wouldn't let me. I asked them to cancel my calls package and then give it back as a free upgrade. It was like talking to a brick wall. I think I will try again today.

Kidneystone

I did it on the on line chat bit,when I started off the reason was to pay the Line Rental in advance for a year, then it occured to me that I may qualify for the £7-50 discount etc.

It took a long time for the [indian] lady to get a decision from her supervisor but for the £90 discount it was worth the wait.

I've found TalkTalk OK until something goes wrong....then it's the pits !

Kidneystone

I did it on the on line chat bit,when I started off the reason was to pay the Line Rental in advance for a year, then it occured to me that I may qualify for the £7-50 discount etc.

It took a long time for the [indian] lady to get a decision from her supervisor but for the £90 discount it was worth the wait.

I've found TalkTalk OK until something goes wrong....then it's the pits !

Thanks for the info Mossway. I will try later today and let you know how I got on.

update.......

On Friday I phoned Talktalk up and cancelled by £7.50 boost then today i logged into my account and the option was there to have the boost back, free for 12 months. I clicked the option and then got an email within 5 minutes to say that the all day calls to landlines and mobiles boost was back on and was free....Saved £90 :D.......Thanks Mossway :thumbsup:

Edited by kidneystone

Just seen this, if i cancel boosts, will I be able to restore it same day, if the above doesn't work and i don't get the free upgrade.

It will work so long as you haven't taken one of their free upgrades already. My neighbour canceled hers last night, logged on this morning and the offer had appeared, clicked on it, now got it for 12 months free

Best do it then before they make a policy decision to stop it.

Best do it then before they make a policy decision to stop it.

I have just sent you a pm

Done it thanks, just waiting for the online cancellation to kick in.