Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

I tried changing my password today but, as you say, I can't get into my account

If you cannot get into the account because the site is down,then do not worry as no-one else can,wait until site is running and do it but meanwhile change your passwords on other accounts and sites.

Changed all my passwords yesterday but still can't on my TT account.

I also took time to switch to Plusnet which will save me £150 for the next year :D

What a bunch of cowboys. Internet security rule number 1 is to NEVER have the credit card/banking database customer facing!

You are supposed to have credit card details stored on a seperate server that you can write new card details to but cannot read them back (from the web), except the last few digits, specifically to avoid this sort of breach being possible.

Unfortunately you never find out companies have such shady security practices until something like this happens.

Just what I said in different terms to my work colleagues who are also on TT like me!

See also:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11191207&postcount=30

AND so much for their complementary 12-month free offer with discount code TT231 to Noddle for credit checks etc. Bank said the other precautions I'm implementing are perfectly understandable despite their VM disclaimer. Sadly PlusNet doesnt buy out contracts and I bet the others will be following suit - 4 million x £450 is one heck of a lot of dosh. As soon as this contract is run, I'm out.

Sadly PlusNet doesnt buy out contracts and I bet the others will be following suit - 4 million x £450 is one heck of a lot of dosh. As soon as this contract is run, I'm out.

PlusNet dont but EE do and they give up to £100 toward cancelling any current contract. Speed is a lot better than PlusNet as well but it does have a drawback in that there is traffic shaping at peak times.

PlusNet dont but EE do and they give up to £100 toward cancelling any current contract. Speed is a lot better than PlusNet as well but it does have a drawback in that there is traffic shaping at peak times.

Thanks for headsup. Calculations show that I've got another 2 months into next year before I can go ahead with any buyout for less than £150. In meantime will be pressing ahead with my bank to open a new bank account and transfer over all DDs & SO payments. TU TT should jolly well ask them to change my landline number to boot :( And they cant say Im unaffected as I've been receiving calls several times a week for past few weeks. :(

Thanks for headsup. Calculations show that I've got another 2 months into next year before I can go ahead with any buyout for less than £150. In meantime will be pressing ahead with my bank to open a new bank account and transfer over all DDs & SO payments. TU TT should jolly well ask them to change my landline number to boot :( And they cant say Im unaffected as I've been receiving calls several times a week for past few weeks. :(

Changing you bank account seems a bit OTT...everytime anyone writes a cheque you give away you name ,account number and bank sort code..

Changing you bank account seems a bit OTT...everytime anyone writes a cheque you give away you name ,account number and bank sort code..

Do people still write cheques these days? :surprised

Do people still write cheques these days? :surprised

I ONLY write cheques. Sometimes takes me 2 months to get stuff, but I don't mind. I like the excitement it brings. Everything else is too instant.

Which after today's latest news fiasco (you can tell who is running the country can't you?) it will be BT who have bought up EE - so now the mobile networks have shrunk we will soon be paying higher prices - just as happened in Europe following mergers there - I read it on here somewhere about reduced Mobile provision competition ends up with higher prices.

I have been looking around at other providers - what is rather telling is that BT don't offer inclusive calls - it is 'pay as you go' with a higher rental - and never was impressed with their BT TV adverts - I am not a sports fanatic!

Nothing out there can match the price or content of TT so I am staying - however wrong that decision might be. ;)

I was looking at PlusNet offerings and came across this old news article:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/07/plusnet_customers_complain_of_possible_data_breach_after_email_accounts_are_swamped_by_spam/

Which ever way you look at it, data breaches of any kind through hacking is going to happen.

Had a call from TT today asking why I wanted to leave and told them for me it was price, not used line for calls in 5 years (no phone even connected) just need internet.

Their cost for 12 months would be about £300, moving to Plusnet would be £150 with cash back, after this I may look at a sim dongle.