Talk talk, landline and other costs up, up, up!

They are all going up. Part of the landline cost increase in recent years has been down to the government taking money of all phone-line users to give BT money so they can pretend to install fibre in the countryside, a lot of votes in the countryside apparently.

I seriously recommend the following though: Tell them you are leaving them for Plusnet, you will get a call from the loyalty-team (or one of the other teams) make sure you get to talk to the loyalty-team by convincing whoever calls you that you do indeed want to leave because the price hikes are stupid.

Tell the loyalty team what you want and what it would cost at Plusnet - they will pricematch (although some details might be different, so keep your wits about you!).

Talk Talk are offering all calls and internet on my package for 4.25 for a year, then 9.50 after that, if I sign up for another 18 months, not sure about it as my recent experience with the loyalty team wasn't good.

as an update. email recieved saying paperwork in the post. keep same router. line rental plus £3.50. no calls included except to other talktalk. like said not bad as dont use phone to be worthwhile the £8.50 and didnt want the tv.

£5 saving a month for me lol and phone line still connected.

downside is ive got to sign up for another 18 months

as an update. email recieved saying paperwork in the post. keep same router. line rental plus £3.50. no calls included except to other talktalk. like said not bad as dont use phone to be worthwhile the £8.50 and didnt want the tv.

£5 saving a month for me lol and phone line still connected.

downside is ive got to sign up for another 18 months

Simply broadband is free for 12 months at the moment. Phone them and tell them you want what new customers get. Why should you pay £3.50 p/m when they are advertising it for free.

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/v-simplybb?portalId=GOO&v=1

Simply broadband is free for 12 months at the moment. Phone them and tell them you want what new customers get. <b>Why should you pay £3.50 p/m when they are advertising it for free.</b>

https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/broadband/v-simplybb?portalId=GOO&v=1

Because they are a business, and need to make money in some way. This is an introductory offer.

Edited by mrbrit

They are all going up. Part of the landline cost increase in recent years has been down to the government taking money of all phone-line users to give BT money so they can pretend to install fibre in the countryside

Well it worked- we went from carrier pigeon speed to 76Mb fibre here thankfully...

Why on earth they don't sort out the city centre exchanges and the direct attach people though I don't know...

Well it worked- we went from carrier pigeon speed to 76Mb fibre here thankfully...

Why on earth they don't sort out the city centre exchanges and the direct attach people though I don't know...

City Centre would cost them in lost leased line rental (WAY more expensive) so they will only do if it the council bully them into it.

Direct attach would require a lot of rewiring because they are not allowed to run those high frequencies of VDSL from the exchange directly as it would cause problems with other services such as ADSL.

Had an email from Talktalk "From 1st July 2015, we're removing 0845 and 0870 numbers from your inclusive landline calls. They will now consist of the access charge from TalkTalk and the service charge from the company you called". :rant:

• An access charge - TalkTalk will charge 5p per minute from your landline

• A service charge - the company you're calling decides how much this charge will be. :huh:

Had an email from Talktalk "From 1st July 2015, we're removing 0845 and 0870 numbers from your inclusive landline calls. They will now consist of the access charge from TalkTalk and the service charge from the company you called". :rant:

• An access charge - TalkTalk will charge 5p per minute from your landline

• A service charge - the company you're calling decides how much this charge will be. :huh:

It's a bit cheeky of them - I'm sure you're aware of http://www.saynoto0870.com/ but just posting it in case anyone isn't.

Not perfect but I use it a lot to get geographic numbers that are included in my various deals.

I use saynoto0870 quite a lot. I'll be using a lot more from 1st July.