Poisoning, Hillsbro Park.

Here's a link from Sheffield Online's Facebook page about the subject:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=986719514690257&id=609632969065582

This post is from December 2014. I 've seen a few online statuses about this but not heard anything around hillsborough from residents or anything I m from the local area.

Apparently Hallam Vets at hillsborough have treated a few

Have you spoken to Hallam vets yourself? What do you mean by treated a few? A few dogs with the same symptoms or a few dogs that had deliberately been poisoned with rat poison.

---------- Post added 11-11-2015 at 13:50 ----------

The same story is going round Liverpool, Ellesmere Port and Wirral.

The same story has been doing the rounds all over the world for a good ten years, but it spreads further and faster now we have the internet.

my dog is walked regularly round rivelin and has recently had hemmoratic diarrhea which resulted in him being severly ill , 3 days in the vets and a very large bill , but thankfully he fully recovered . Now he is very likely to eat something if its left around he is a lab after all but i,m not sure if there is a link or not but please be very careful walking your dogs round this area because i wouldn,t want anybody to go through what we did .

Have you spoken to Hallam vets yourself? What do you mean by treated a few? A few dogs with the same symptoms or a few dogs that had deliberately been poisoned with rat poison.

---------- Post added 11-11-2015 at 13:50 ----------

The same story has been doing the rounds all over the world for a good ten years, but it spreads further and faster now we have the internet.

My grandma's 3yr old Pomeranian was put to sleep after suffering for 5 days with organ failure due to, what a senior Hallam Vet described as some form of rat poisoning...

This isn't hearsay as I was there.

my dog is walked regularly round rivelin and has recently had hemmoratic diarrhea which resulted in him being severly ill , 3 days in the vets and a very large bill , but thankfully he fully recovered . Now he is very likely to eat something if its left around he is a lab after all but i,m not sure if there is a link or not but please be very careful walking your dogs round this area because i wouldn,t want anybody to go through what we did .

Did the vet have a view about probable cause? Did you see your dog eat anything unusual? Have you ever seen poison-laced food in Rivelin?

---------- Post added 11-11-2015 at 17:57 ----------

My grandma's 3yr old Pomeranian was put to sleep after suffering for 5 days with organ failure due to, what a senior Hallam Vet described as some form of rat poisoning...

This isn't hearsay as I was there.

That's horrible.

So is there any evidence that the dog was deliberately poisoned?

Also, note how different the symptoms are here compared to other stories.

---------- Post added 11-11-2015 at 17:58 ----------

this is nasty why do that,

People shouldn't poison dogs, should they? And it does happen, and it's nasty when it does.

But there is no evidence here of a campaign of dog poisoning in Sheffield parks.

This is what it says on the Hallam Vet site on facebook

Please be vigilant if you are walking dogs in Hillsborough/Rivelin parks, there have been reports of rat poisoned meat being left there. Take care and keep dogs on a lead, contact the police if you see any suspicious behaviour!

There have been reports. Not we have seen any dogs die from rat poison.

https://www.facebook.com/Hallam-Veterinary-Centre-420496904678997/