Poisoning, Hillsbro Park.

There has been more than one reported incident recently of dogs being walked in hillsborough park who have been fed something by a small group of young lads; the dog then rapidly deteriorates, suffering terribly and dying a very painful and quick death.

Please be aware; this is a public health concern and risk.

There has been more than one reported incident recently of dogs being walked in hillsborough park who have been fed something by a small group of young lads; the dog then rapidly deteriorates, suffering terribly and dying a very painful and quick death.

Please be aware; this is a public health concern and risk.

Well, it isnt. Its a risk to dogs, not the "public".

Still nasty, though.

I hope you stay right, but there are a number of young children running around off the lead there too!! Joking aside, should whatever substance that's being given to the dogs be left on the ground maybe and a toddler/child picks it up there is a risk that the substance could be passed to mouth and ingested, causing harm.

This story seems to have been doing the rounds about various Sheffield parks and various people doing the poisoning around the web for the last few weeks. There doesn't appear to be any reliable confirmation from the police and given the various descriptions of people doing it (old woman, group of lads, lady with a child) it has all the hallmarks of being an urban myth scare story.

I know the police comment on things on this forum and I wish they would confirm or deny this. Because on the facebook groups this is being posted to some people are threatening vigilante action and I worry some innocent group of lads are going to be beaten up because of some silly Internet rumour.

This story seems to have been doing the rounds about various Sheffield parks and various people doing the poisoning around the web for the last few weeks. There doesn't appear to be any reliable confirmation from the police and given the various descriptions of people doing it (old woman, group of lads, lady with a child) it has all the hallmarks of being an urban myth scare story.

I know the police comment on things on this forum and I wish they would confirm or deny this. Because on the facebook groups this is being posted to some people are threatening vigilante action and I worry some innocent group of lads are going to be beaten up because of some silly Internet rumour.

The dogs owners posted about it so not sure how thats a rumour?!

You can start being civil now - If you are going to sling abuse at each other then you will find your account suspended.

Sorry that your pet is dead but how do you know it was poisoned without any blood samples etc?

Sorry that your pet is dead but how do you know it was poisoned without any blood samples etc?

The owner isnt on here as far as im aware so can't answer your questions. Although the symptoms of being poisoned are pretty obvious.

The owner does appear to be on here. They posted on the pets group on this subject

The 'two' stories I have seen have actually been the same one. However, if you search the pets group on the word 'poisoning', I'm sure you'll dig up threads for various locations covering at least the past ten years

Can the RSPCA do anything?

Granma.

Edited by Granma

The owner does appear to be on here. They posted on the pets group on this subject

The 'two' stories I have seen have actually been the same one. However, if you search the pets group on the word 'poisoning', I'm sure you'll dig up threads for various locations covering at least the past ten years

Not sure how that means this incident isn't true. Unless thats not what you are saying.