RIP Joe Cocker 22/12/2014

I used to live on Tasker Rd Crookes where he used to live.

Think he used to go in Masons Arms.

He did great versions of Delta Lady and The Letter

He sang a great 'You'd Better Move On', which I've got on an old tape somewhere.

last night on sky arts..........the mad dog with soul. 2hour film on joe it was very sad at the end with his last concert and a photo of him later on but well worth a look.

Wish i had known about it .Remember seeing him at the old blue bell at Hackenthorpe just as he was getting known great and very different.

Just watched it,great film very touching.So sad that he died when he finally seemed to have found peace after so many long battles with his demons.Lovely guy and a truly great talent,sadly missed.Hoping to watch mad dogs and English men later!

just found another tonight 9pm his last tour..............fire it up. sky arts email face book twitter spread the word every one,these are a must to keep for cocker fans.ive got a mint boxed lp set sighned by joe at his last city hall gig

I've set it to record,I must say Fire it Up was a brilliant album,he still had it right to the end.Also Fire it Up Live a great companion to that,still singing like a demon...so sad it was the last ever tour.

I've set it to record,I must say Fire it Up was a brilliant album,he still had it right to the end.Also Fire it Up Live a great companion to that,still singing like a demon...so sad it was the last ever tour.

Some great German concert footage on You Tube from his last tour there. He was a God in Germany.

Did Joe ever touch a mic in his career lol RIP

Edited by TORONTONY

Just watched it,great film very touching.So sad that he died when he finally seemed to have found peace after so many long battles with his demons.Lovely guy and a truly great talent,sadly missed.Hoping to watch mad dogs and English men later!

Thanks, downloaded.

So who was his drummer who has recently been put in hospital by a hit and run driver on Dykes Hall Road. Was it a drummer from his Grease band, I believe he is still in hospital in a bad condition.

torontony thats strange i only said the same thing last night about him never touching a mike, there is a you tube clip of him holding one wthout a stand and he just doesn't look to happy ill try and find it.

---------- Post added 24-04-2017 at 15:32 ----------

i just put injoe cocker with female duet in america, and its with billy preston patti labelle, you are so beautiful. and he just has the mike in hand. ps in the credits at the end of last nights film it said the late jp bean , i did not know he had died ,he wrote joes book ,thanks jp rip

So who was his drummer who has recently been put in hospital by a hit and run driver on Dykes Hall Road. Was it a drummer from his Grease band, I believe he is still in hospital in a bad condition.
............the only drummer from those days who played with Joe who lives locally is Kenny Slade,not heard anything about it!