RIP Joe Cocker 22/12/2014

lets hope hes now up where he belongs,its said to think i will no longer be able to shout at his gigs in sheffield..................thanks for comin joe . my kareoke hero

I first knew Joe when he was Vance Arnold playing our Youth Club dances. My late Mum's Hairdresser played rhythm guitar with the Avengers. Later I used to hang out and help out at the Esquire Club where the best assortment of bands and the best musicians ever played including Joe. God we were lucky in those days.

In the late 60's I went with the members of the Frank White band to see Joe play the Mucky Duck ( Black Swan ) He sang "With a Little Help of my Friends " and that was it---------------- he was finally recognised for what he really was, A star.

Last saw him at the start of his world tour in a grotty place in London , God knows how long ago.

God rest your soul Joe. You were always a kind and regular guy, but you were one of the best singers the World is ever likely to see. I am in bits !

I first knew Joe when he was Vance Arnold playing our Youth Club dances. My late Mum's Hairdresser played rhythm guitar with the Avengers. Later I used to hang out and help out at the Esquire Club where the best assortment of bands and the best musicians ever played including Joe. God we were lucky in those days.

In the late 60's I went with the members of the Frank White band to see Joe play the Mucky Duck ( Black Swan ) He sang "With a Little Help of my Friends " and that was it---------------- he was finally recognised for what he really was, A star.

Last saw him at the start of his world tour in a grotty place in London , God knows how long ago.

God rest your soul Joe. You were always a kind and regular guy, but you were one of the best singers the World is ever likely to see. I am in bits !

Mucky Duck happy days, !!!

When I was in my youth I used to see him every Saturday morning for quite a few years when he worked with my ma in the returns department for W.H.Smith in the British Rail building opposite Midland Station.He came across as being a bit shy and reserved as I remembered and my ma always asking him for a song (Which he never did alas)

Only last year I contacted his agent in the Colorado Hills where his farm was and asked if Joe could remember those early days.He responded saying he could well recall those times with my ma and myself which obviously made our day.Joe you are a true legend RIP.

Sleep well fella,Most exciting days of my life,..... In Joe's band 1961 / 1964.

Keep Rockin' Man !!

Time for the memories Whitefender.

Saw him many times around Sheffield.Tremendous live performer around the pubs and clubs.

My favourite was always his cover of Morning Dew(Tim Rose song),although this was pretty faithful to the original.

"With a little help "transformed a sing along ditty into a classic.

Joe could always put his own stamp on a song.

Thanks Joe for all those great nights at the Blue Bell in the 60's

Yes I remember him on stage at the Old Blue Bell at Hackenthorpe in the sixties.First time I saw him was there and I can recall thinking what a great talent very different to any thing else on the pub and club scene .In those days we were very lucky to have a thriving live music scene which has never been bettered since,It was also very accessible to everybody.Mostly there was no entry fee and you could hear all the top groups in the area ,many to go on and earn national fame.Fabulous days,rest in peace big fella you were GREAT as the world found out.

Wonderful voice, totally unique. Been listening to his music and thinking how bland and samey today's singers are. He was a child of his time and his roots.