City Centre car park prices

There isn't a John Lewis in M'hall.

BUSTED.

Out of interest, where do you live, roughly, and how would a trip to M'hall today have affected your petrol consumption?

Let the manager know of your outrage, they may put in a golden parking spot for you, being such a big spender an all.:loopy:

Been in shop today spent £50, still had to pay £1.20 an hour to park, think its an absolute swiz! don't deserve our custom. Meadowhall in future me thinks!

Why did you choose to park there then. Why didn't you find somewhere else.

You obviously wanted JL so where else other than the city centre would you expect to find them.

You are not honestly going to tell me that you thought a multi-storey bang in the middle of the city centre was free!

Threads like this make me laugh. It'll be the same people who will be complaining why Sheffield never has any "quality or boutique stores" "why we don't have a Harvey Nichols or Selfridges like Leeds or Manchester"

Answer: see above. Belly aching about paying for parking in a CITY CENTRE.

PS: Just out of curiosity for the OP here is what the equivalent sort of car park attached to a main department store in Manchester costs.

1 hour £4.00 - 1 to 2 hours £8.00 - 2 to 4 hours £16.00

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest sibon

I think that the council should make all city centre parking free for the next month.

I'd love to see the bleating about not being able to park in town that would be the inevitable result of such a decision.

£1.20 to park a £20k tonne of metal. Outrageous.

All street parking and most of the central car parks are £1 all day on a Sunday.

Always wondered why they didnt shut that car park and extend the shop into it instead of their plan to build a new shop where the fire station was.

Firstly as already mentioned there is no John Lewis in Meadowhell. Also you know the fee before parking and you could also park on the road.

If the cost is that bad to you, then why go and why start a pointless thread like this

He didn't mention he was in 'John Lewis at Meadowhall' just he would shop at Meadowhall in the future. At least that's how i'm reading it.

Didn't John Lewis used to refund the cost of your parking ticket if you made a purchase in store?

He didn't mention he was in 'John Lewis at Meadowhall' just he would shop at Meadowhall in the future. At least that's how i'm reading it.

You're right, he didn't. My initial response was tongue-in-cheek and partly to point out that the usual 'just shop at Meadowhall' argument does have some flaws, and partly to have an excuse to jokingly write 'BUSTED' in capital letters on the forum, which you don't get much chance to do these days.

C'est la vie.