City Centre car park prices

Dropped someone in Manchester Airport last week, left my car in the short stay car park for 30 mins - £5.10!!!!

Just go to Meadowhall instead.............. FREE parking for everyone. Why would anyone want to drive to the city centre , navigate their way around the councils maze of a road system , only then to be right royally ripped off to park by private car parks AND the council. Just give the place a swerve .

I'm with you on that one !!

And so it seems are thousands of others!! Meadowhall was chocca

I'm sure it's a debate that's been covered many times on this forum and many others. But I honestly believe the demise of city centers , boarded up shops , and the severe lack of quality up market shops in ours is brought on by people with cars ( and money to spend ) who choose to park for free at places like Medowhall and not pay high town center parking charges

Surely councils should be able to see this .

I'm sure it's a debate that's been covered many times on this forum and many others. But I honestly believe the demise of city centers , boarded up shops , and the severe lack of quality up market shops in ours is brought on by people with cars ( and money to spend ) who choose to park for free at places like Medowhall and not pay high town center parking charges

Surely councils should be able to see this .

most of the car parks in the city centre are privately owned and so the council have no control over what they charge.

i suppose the council could offer some sort of subsidy to the car park operators but for it to result in any meaningful discount then vital services would have to be cut.

so i guess the question you need to answer is how many children are you willing to see abused because social services has been cut so you can park a couple of hours in town for nothing?

I know where you can park for free nearby. Not telling though :)

I know where you can park for free nearby. Not telling though :)

if you know where to look there are plenty of places

I think the cost is worth it rather than going to Meadowhell. Also the cheaper car parks are out doors and are far less secure. The price is worth the secure

I never pay to park in the town centre. Always use the same, free, place. Not telling anyone where it is though as I park there for the United matches so don't want everyone to know about it!

most of the car parks in the city centre are privately owned and so the council have no control over what they charge.

i suppose the council could offer some sort of subsidy to the car park operators but for it to result in any meaningful discount then vital services would have to be cut.

so i guess the question you need to answer is how many children are you willing to see abused because social services has been cut so you can park a couple of hours in town for nothing?

There are more than enough traffic wardens who could be cut without the need to cut anything else. :)

There are more than enough traffic wardens who could be cut without the need to cut anything else. :)

Penistone do you pay Sheffield Council tax?

Do you live in Sheffield?

he traffic wardens enerate money, which you moan about.

Charging up to 8.30pm is a disgrace, I recently went for a meal before a gig at the Leadmill, parked about 10mins walk from the restaurant, paid via RingGo for what I thought would be enough time but we got chatting etc during the meal and the time was fast approaching, no problem I thought just extend my time via the app......no such luck it said that returns were not allowed within two hours, I then had to leave the table walk the cold journey to the car to find no signage stating the non return rule, paid at the meter and walked the 10mins back to my food, ridiculous no wonder people avoid.

Penistone do you pay Sheffield Council tax?

Do you live in Sheffield?

he traffic wardens enerate money, which you moan about.

So you agree traffic wardens are there purely as revenue raisers ?