Ponderosa at Netherthorpe/Upperthorpe

Just walked down past the ponderosa and the top end near the church is taped off from the pathway from netherthorpe to upperthorpe with a police van in middle. Anyone know what's happened?

Erm. Could you not have asked the police as you were walking by?

Last night at about 11pm I noticed the helicopter flying over the Ponderosa so went and had a look and saw lots of police vehicles in the park and coppers milling about so didn't get too close; early this morning I went for another look as there was only one police car with blues flashing, a large area of the park taped off with a burgundy coloured 4 x 4 on the grass behind the church.

I'm guessing with all the attention that this vehicle was getting, it was in some way involved in last nights shootings.

I wondered if it had anything to do with the shooting.

Guessed it was something rather bad with the cops just sat in van in middle of it all but when I went passed no vehicle was there.

Apparently the shooters went that way and are looking for the people and gun

According to a local that we asked today after spotting all of the cars and vans (unconfirmed and unverified) there was a shooting up there on Sunday night (not the one on Derek Dooley Way) and the police have all of that top section taped off. There were lots of officers going through the undergrowth, clearly looking for evidence.

So not just one but two shooting at the same night? Jeeze.

It is to do with the shootings on Derrick Dooley way, I live here, the police have only left today,

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/police-arrest-two-over-sheffield-gunshot-murder-1-7021607

"Detectives are trying to find a red Mitsubishi Shogun car seen in the area of Derek Dooley Way around the time of the attack."

So that Red Mitsubishi Shogun the police recovered from the Ponderosa was a different one? Or is this traditional Star reporting?

K.

This was the same one, I just think they wanted more info if people saw it maybe, it just shows that they print what they want or what the police want, all good that they have 2 in custody

Erm. Could you not have asked the police as you were walking by?

Don't be so nosy, yes you should have asked the police then you would have been told to mind your own !