Windows 64 bit wanted

Hi I'm doing my first ever PC self build.

I obviously need an OS.Does anyone know of the cheapest place to get windows 64bit or have a spare copy that I can buy?

Edited by Mr_J_Bravo

Hi I'm doing my first ever PC self build.

I obviously need an OS.Does anyone know of the cheapest place to get windows 64bit or have a spare copy that I can buy?

Kind Regards

Mark

Sorry to be of little help, All I would say is go windows 7 forget 8!

Hi.i can install win 7 64 bit for 15 quid. drop off/pick up handsworth.same day service.cheers

I have windows 32 bit at the moment,can I just update it to windows 64 bit or do I have to have a complete install?

I have windows 32 bit at the moment,can I just update it to windows 64 bit or do I have to have a complete install?

The 32 bit and 64 bit are two different installs, to upgrade you would need the Windows 64 bit version, but there would be no advantage in going over to 64 bit, unless you have more than 4 GB of RAM installed, and your system supports a 64 bit OS.

---------- Post added 21-12-2014 at 18:44 ----------

Hi.i can install win 7 64 bit for 15 quid. drop off/pick up handsworth.same day service.cheers

Is that a genuine install?

The 32 bit and 64 bit are two different installs, to upgrade you would need the Windows 64 bit version, but there would be no advantage in going over to 64 bit, unless you have more than 4 GB of RAM installed, and your system supports a 64 bit OS.

---------- Post added 21-12-2014 at 18:44 ----------

Is that a genuine install?

yes of course