Dress codes in bars and clubs

Do they have dress codes for men these days down town, I haven't been down town in yonks and going out with friends and we may go to a club if still awake (lol) gonna feel old hehe.

Most places are pretty relaxed these days but I think they still turn away faded denim and sportswear / sports shoes on club doors , most don't allow hats or baseball caps .... but ive been to town in last 12 months in smart jeans and t-shirt and not been refused

Do they have dress codes for men these days down town, I haven't been down town in yonks and going out with friends and we may go to a club if still awake (lol) gonna feel old hehe.

You will do if you still say "yonks" , that's a term that I haven't heard for a long time!

Feel too old for town anyway even though I'm only 38 lol!

I don,t know about clubs as my clubbing days are a far pleasant distant memory but all the bars and pubs I visit in our fair city the majority of males seem to be on the whole scruffy gets!.I wouldn,t work under my car in some of the clobber they wear,and some of the hairstyles well when my old man cut mine with his army shears ending in the same result,first after a" roorin" session I wore a balaclava for a fortnight!.Having said all that some make an effort and the girls always dress well!.

West Street Live is the only bar I've been turned away from, which is amusing as it's hardly the classiest place in town - they have a problem with people wearing Lacoste. Other than that I've been in most places wearing Converse and a t-shirt, although I suspect quite a few of the clubs (except the Leadmill and Corp) and more pretentious bars will turn people away based on their clothes if they're getting full or "dont think you'd fit".

I never worry about what I'm wearing but if you're going on a rare night out you might as well wear shoes and a shirt - why risk it?

Certainly, clubs such as Plug and Corp don't mind boys wearing Converse/Vans and t-shirts

I know more and more venues these days have a NO Football Colours rule these days, and not just on match days; the Bankers Draft and all the other big chains now seem to impose this rule.