Clun street & Road Pitsmoor

did you know any more Morans mine and Johns gran was Sarah Unwin (Moran)

Afraid not, only knew John and Frank for a short spell, Unwin does not ring any bells, sorry.

hi i remember the steedons my mam and dad where good friends with jean & john steedon i used to go to school with diane, i think she had a brother called mark and a little sister called denise my mam and dad are mary & fred butcher does any one remember them

diane sadly died a few year back. i went to the funeral. she had 2 brothers paul and mark. and sister denise. not sure but think she might have had another younger sister. still see paul and john down the pubs on gower street.

Anybody remember Lily Bell's shop on Grimesthorpe Road --opposite the Brunswick pub?

And with reference to Clun Road/Street, anybody remember a lad called Renshaw, who lived on that part of Clun Road/Street near Ellesmere Road in the 1940s/50s? He'd be about 70 now.

lol and barbera parkin and thier children tina and kim lived at 64 clunn road.

mrs ford next door .

mrs rippon.

mrs ritson .

mrs" eliss.

the

" bottom"family

rodgersons

linfits

all lived on clunn road .

does any one know lanky frank off the next road who used to frighten all the kids ?.

Tina and Kim Parkin i remember,Kim was a big lad.

I think it was the Bottomleys, Remember Sandra and Shirley lived a little up Clun road from us. Across the street were two different Elliots. The Deakins next to the Rodgersons(forgot about them) Johnny and Paul Reynolds

further up.I seem to remember their mother was a bit of a good time girl!

I recall having a big Tupperware party in their yard.

Mollydog i don't remember you on our road.

The Binghams took the Club for a while.Mrs Green lived at the side of the garages.Old man Bradley(father of Sherwin) had one of these garages as a stockroom for his shop on Grimesthorpe rd.We could climb on top and force the top of the door ajar and swipe a bottle of pop or two!

A sad memory i have is one lad at the top of the road Anthony (green?)was a bit slow and his mother tried slashing her wrists.

Vague recollection of a girl called Andrea (Foster?) lived next to the Deakins.

I'm actually enjoying this!

the Chambers

the Holgarths

the Booths

Edited by 1960boy
just remembered our neighbours

I lived on Clun road which I believe was further up from Clun street with my family when I was a nipper from the early 60´s to the clearances in the 70´s.Our family name is Elliott which was also the name of the family next door they had five kids and we were three brothers a bit of a clan really.

Hello ZIGZAG, we lived opposite you at 39! I remember you and your brother Mark. The other Elliots were Steven and Carol, i only remember two. Dad was Horace,an electrician brought over a bottle of SANATOGEN wine once.What the hell are you doin' in Sweden???:thumbsup:

Does anyone have a photograph of houses Clun Road? I gather from your postings that this road has now been demolished.

My great Grandfather Arthur Griffin Scott lived at number 12 between 1880 and WW2.

Hello Doug, a few years ago i got about 10 pics of Clun rd from the Library!:thumbsup:

my wife came off clunn road her family name is Parkin , Lol AND Barbera Parkin are her parents , her brother is Kim [Dave] and her name is Tina.

Bladebloke,I remember Tina and Kim. Lived up at the top end on the right. Dunno why he was called Kim though.

Bladebloke,I remember Tina and Kim. Lived up at the top end on the right. Dunno why he was called Kim though.

His name is Kim but when he got older he changed it to Dave because he didn't like kim.

what's your name I'll ask Tina if she can remember you ?