Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Hi,my name is Maureen and Connie Bolton was my mother.A few years ago I Was involved in this thread regarding my family and their time in Fulwood Cottages.Unfortunately Connie passed away last year but I feel there is so much more information about her experiences at this time.I remember communicating with Brian 1941, having recently made a journey to fulwood,I would be grateful if Brian or anyone who knew my mum can help

Hi,my name is Maureen and Connie Bolton was my mother.A few years ago I Was involved in this thread regarding my family and their time in Fulwood Cottages.Unfortunately Connie passed away last year but I feel there is so much more information about her experiences at this time.I remember communicating with Brian 1941, having recently made a journey to fulwood,I would be grateful if Brian or anyone who knew my mum can help

----------------

Hi Maureen, Yes i'm still about, what is it your trying to find.

I'm not sure now if Connie was in in No19 house but it's many many

years ago. Did i ever tell you i knew Connie's brother Ronald Bolton

he was in No2 house.

Just come to me there was a Michael he was in No6 house with me

and the other brother was Kenneth Bolton he was in No3.

Your's Brian.

Hi Brian,Im just generally interested in what life in Fulwood was like for her and her brothers, by the way Ronald is still with us but not in the best of health.Ken is also still around though the last time I saw him was at mums funeral.The other brothers at Fulwood were Leslie and Terry.Ive recently discovered Thornseat Lodge which was where I believe Ronald and Leslie were transferred to.I visited Thornseat Lodge over the weekend and was amazed at how run down and derelict it was.Im guessing life must have been really tough for you all as children.

regards Maureen

Hi Brian,Im just generally interested in what life in Fulwood was like for her and her brothers, by the way Ronald is still with us but not in the best of health.Ken is also still around though the last time I saw him was at mums funeral.The other brothers at Fulwood were Leslie and Terry.Ive recently discovered Thornseat Lodge which was where I believe Ronald and Leslie were transferred to.I visited Thornseat Lodge over the weekend and was amazed at how run down and derelict it was.Im guessing life must have been really tough for you all as children.

regards Maureen

-----------------

Hi Maureen, Sorry i got the boys house mixed up, will try again.

Terry Bolton was in No2 house as with my brother, Kenneth was in No3,

and Ronnie was in No6 as i was.

Was it Terry that had fits. i might be able to send you a couple of

pic with Terry on. PS, Would your Ronnie remember me and by

name. Yours Brian.

hi Brian,I have sent a text message to Ron asking if he recalls you.I will let you know if he responds.Terry did used to suffer from epilepsy & I recall him having some major fits.Ron came to live with us after leaving Fulwood & stayed until he got married.I would love to see any photos you may have.I remember my mum telling me how awful things were at home for her and her brothers prior to going into Fulwood.Its heartbreaking to think of such young children being taken from home and then separated from siblings.Do you remember her other brother Leslie?he is a little older than Ron.There were 5 of them altogether.

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 19:46 ----------

Hi Brian,unable to private message you as I haven't enough posts yet

---------- Post added 17-06-2017 at 19:54 ----------

Still waiting for Ron to get back to me.Will be sure to let you know when he does.Hopefully this should now count as my fifth post so should be able to private message now(fingers crossed).

my mum was in there irene hibbert brothers frank derek sisters dorene and elsie

When was your mum and her family in there?my mum and her brothers were taken into fulwood in 1946.my mum left in 1952.

my mum was in there irene hibbert brothers frank derek sisters dorene and elsie

----------------------

Hi Robert, I knew your Kenneth he was in No5 house i think

your Frank was in No7.

If you look on Page 37 - No733 4-3-12 you'll see i put lots of boys and girls

name down your Irene and Doreen Hibbard are mentioned,

I can't believe i miss putting your two brothers on the list but i knew

them well, your Kenneth went to Hunter Bar School with me.

Lets know if you looked on that list of name. Yours Brian.

Edited by brian1941

I would appreciate if anyone who was in 230 lanes end chapeltown children's home back in 1969 to 1972 to please contact me

Hi, I'm Charlie Colton and was in Fullwood Cottage Homes from 1950 - Cottage 2. Was not a place I have any fond memories of... does anyone remember me?

I was in lanes end children's home with my two brothers and sisters. I was 3 yrs old when I was in there. I went bck other week but you can'take get into grounds. It's all locked up an over growe. It seems smaller than I remember

Still seeking Vix2000 regarding Lane End Children Home could you please contact me as a matter of urgency I would like to discuss a very important matter with you regarding a child that was there when you worked there for a short time as I have stated it is very important that I speak to you,

Many Thanks.