Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Hi Brian been there my computer total crashed some time back must have been me good job I'vr good a daughter who's a whiz at this .

My eyes still pretty badcant see what I've typed go for eye injection every month so can see to walk but NO driving will be booking in for new lens in two weeks think I will be going with the gov" paid ones so dont knmow how long it will take hope theres not to many typos looks good to me though the haze:hihi::hihi::hihi:

http://s694.photobucket.com/user/brian1941/media/BLACKBROOKRD017_zps2c155e85.jpg.html?filters[user]=88391199&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

---------- Post added 25-08-2014 at 13:03 ----------

Does anyone remember Miss Rose, in cottage one Full wood Cottage homes around 1956.

http://s694.photobucket.com/user/brian1941/media/BLACKBROOKRD017_zps2c155e85.jpg.html?filters[user]=88391199&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4

There was an orphange at Lodge Moor back in the 50's. Now an up market residential area, but I remember seeing the kids walking back from Fulwood Church on a Sunday morning - quite a trek!

Was it Fulwood cottage homes ? I was there with my sister, I was only about 5 ish

Was it Fulwood cottage homes ? I was there with my sister, I was only about 5 ish

-----------

Hi sylvia, What year was you in there and which number house was you in,

i was in No6 -1943/54.

-----------

Hi sylvia, What year was you in there and which number house was you in,

i was in No6 -1943/54.

Hi, not sure as I was only young and my sister is no longer here, you might remember her- Jean Roberts, I think the years I must have been there was anytime from 1957 up to 59 ish Jean was aged aprox 13 years

Hi, not sure as I was only young and my sister is no longer here, you might remember her- Jean Roberts, I think the years I must have been there was anytime from 1957 up to 59 ish Jean was aged aprox 13 years

--------------

What stood out to you most while you were in the homes, but i wouldn't

know you i am in my 70s now.

--------------

What stood out to you most while you were in the homes, but i wouldn't

know you i am in my 70s now.

My sister Jean Roberts would have Beeb 71 yrs I'm now 61 yrs I don't know yet if any more of my brothers/sisters were there, I have sent for my past records from Sheffield council, takes about a month to come, don't know what it will tell me!

i sent for my dads records it does not tell you much just the day he went in homes and who put him there x

-----------

i was in No6 -1943/54.

Brian

Did you know the Southern twins Terry and Michael?

They were not together though (in different houses)

Brian

No sorry, I was too young, my sister passed away now, she would prob have known them

Brian

-----------------

Hiya andrejuan, Yes they were in same house as me Tony & Terry White,

No6 , the house mother was Miss Linley then she passed away and then

Miss Marshall was our house mother.

I think one of the brothers has also died if not mistaken.

I went to high green school from 52-56 there were boys and girls from lane end, Booth, Whisto,sp Kelly sisters, and more, but too late to night to think

Edited by cuttingedge
wrong date

Thankyou Brian

Terry was adopted by my Aunt, Micheal by my parents so they stayed in the same family.