Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Names I remember, Sam, Tony, Pete, Jez, Tim, Mathew, Alan(deaf), Sandra, Betty, Christine, Alan(wagger),

was i everingham rd too mid 50`s to about 62/63 betty hill was the house mother very handy with slipper or shoe the other house mother was julie she was nice and caring no pleasant memories of the place hill appeared too qick to dole out the sipper/shoe rather than get to the truth

was i everingham rd too mid 50`s to about 62/63 betty hill was the house mother very handy with slipper or shoe the other house mother was julie she was nice and caring no pleasant memories of the place hill appeared too qick to dole out the sipper/shoe rather than get to the truth

Things did improve late 60s when Eva raynes and her Husband Bill took over, it was a lot less harsh, the bat went, no more beatings were administered, instead we had a shoe cleaning excercise 12 kids 3 shoes each = 36 shoes to clean outside on the doorstep, wasnt too bad unless it was night time in winter lol.

There was an orphange at Lodge Moor back in the 50's. Now an up market residential area, but I remember seeing the kids walking back from Fulwood Church on a Sunday morning - quite a trek!

It was called Fulwood Cottage Homes and it did become a naughty girls home afterwards

It was called Fulwood Cottage Homes and it did become a naughty girls home afterwards

yes but there seems to be a question on what it became

Yes, it was a "community school" for young female offenders. It was called 'Moorside". I worked there in the late 70's.

PLEASE PLEASE CAN some one please help me am looking for a girl BY THE name of

adele michelle slim by birth she might have changed her surname by know

please i have been told she's 17 or 18 by now

on her birth certif there's NO father's name & it might be me

(I broke up with her mum before birth as i was told she cheated on me with my mate that's)

ye my brother was in there in 1980 he was only there a few yrs cause he got fostered

I was there 74/to/75

Was in #2 house from 1940 till 46 can't remember many names so any info would be of a general nature or to cut it short it was a hell hole in all but one out of 8 homes miss Linsey 6or7 ?? was said to be kind and careing but the only one:mad::mad: I was born 34 so 6 in 1940 went to the little village school untill it closed around 42-43

Obviously, I couldn't claim that all but my foster mother at FCH were cruel (I didn't know every foster mother) but I can vouch for Miss Bower of Cottage #9 as being (for the most part) kind and caring. She could be quite strict at times but she tempered this with reason and fairness. I would love to know what became of her.

my Granma was in a childrens home with her sister and two brothers, all I know is that it was somewhere up Eccellshall rd.

Obviously, I couldn't claim that all but my foster mother at FCH were cruel (I didn't know every foster mother) but I can vouch for Miss Bower of Cottage #9 as being (for the most part) kind and caring. She could be quite strict at times but she tempered this with reason and fairness. I would love to know what became of her.

when i was in #9 was receiving, boys only went up to 8 at least thats in my mind i sort of think #9 was mixed and for much younger kids:confused::confused:

G DAY SPUTNIKBOy,

miss bower live up top end of city rd towards arbourthorn est,

it must be over 15 yrs or more when i spoke to her.

i shown her the photo of all the home staff when we were at redcar Ymca camp.