Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

hi there, the name of the home was lane end childrens home, at any one time there was around 32 kids in there, i was there with my brother & sister, up to it shutting i was the longest serving there , i had a break wen i was 12 yrs old, only lasted around 12 months then foster home got fed up with me , i had served my purpose so back i went , i did a 13yrs sentance in there , & wat you said about it looking grim from the out side , life was grim inside , all we sempt to do was clean & sleep, if weather was fine half hour play in yard on school days , bed at 5,30 , weekend few hrs in garden after a lot of work, bed at 6, i thought my self after all the years trying i wud have found some body who lived there but will keep trying , ok then thanks for reply, just got back from a long walk , dunt no wat the weather is doing over shef but raining side ways here , wish i was still on hols in florida 100 degs over there !!!!, cheers

Hi I was in lane end childrens home for about four years from1968 it was very strict don't remember much think I block it out my sister said she took many beatings there I left when my sister left school I went to another home it was heaven compared to lane end. I know I had good friends when I was there we stuck together.

Hi Flyer, Hows things going with you, been off air as you might well know,

my last browser wanted updating so now on another and hoping you get this mail.

Today is sunny with a promise of bank holiday Monday the same, how are your

eyes doing these days. As all the snow gone around you. Brian

Hi everyone.. I'm looking for anyone that was in a children's home in Sheffield in the 60's 70's or 80's and maybe knew an Anthony Higgins.. I am desperately trying to find him... Can anyone please help me x

---------- Post added 04-05-2014 at 12:54 ----------

Hi everyone... Im looking for an Anthony Higgins who spent most of his youth in care homes. a liitle time was also spent with a foster family Mr and Mrs Durkin.... Im not even sure which homes he was in as a child but I am hoping someone remembers him.. He was born in 1965 and his records go to 1981 when he was in supported accomodation. Please can anyone who may remember him contact me at [email protected]

thank you soo much in advance

Wendy

Hi Flyer, Hows things going with you, been off air as you might well know,

my last browser wanted updating so now on another and hoping you get this mail.

Today is sunny with a promise of bank holiday Monday the same, how are your

eyes doing these days. As all the snow gone around you. Brian

Hi Brian been there my computer total crashed some time back must have been me good job I'vr good a daughter who's a whiz at this .

My eyes still pretty badcant see what I've typed go for eye injection every month so can see to walk but NO driving will be booking in for new lens in two weeks think I will be going with the gov" paid ones so dont knmow how long it will take hope theres not to many typos looks good to me though the haze:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Does anyone remember Miss Rose, in cottage one Full wood Cottage homes around 1956.

Does anyone remember Miss Rose, in cottage one Full wood Cottage homes around 1956.

thinking they must have got rid of the more nasty house mothers at the end of the war ,i left in 46 the only decent one there at that time was a miss Lindsey in #6 the one in #1 was a vile creature:gag::gag:

----------------

Hi terrymags, I remember Miss Rose she was the house Mother

in No14 with 14 girls. How did you know her.

I was in the Fullwood homes from the 40s to the 1956, hope this

has help you a bit.

----------------

Hi terrymags, I remember Miss Rose she was the house Mother

in No14 with 14 girls. How did you know her.

I was in the Fullwood homes from the 40s to the 1956, hope this

has help you a bit.

words and letters are jumpind all over ,how on earth did i read cottage #1???:huh::huh::confused::confused::confused:

words and letters are jumpind all over ,how on earth did i read cottage #1???:huh::huh::confused::confused::confused:

---------------------

Hi Flyer, I think its over worked confused or nacked haha

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

---------------------

Hi Flyer, I think its over worked confused or nacked haha

thats got to be it begining to think its NOT the eyes its the Brain:D:D

Hi ya flyer, hows things i've not been on forum for ages so how are you.

Brian

Hi ya flyer, hows things i've not been on forum for ages so how are you.

Brian

not to bad, sex life gone (wife cut me off at 80) get new len;s in my eyes in oct so back on the road in nov . got :Synth :staying with me for couple weeks before she carry's on with her world tripe