Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

that answers my long asked question,I knew there was a great mom around the #6 my friend fm village school told me so, he being quite happy there(i think his name may have been Turner?) I remember being quite shocked to hear of such a thing as all the evil witch's fm 1,2 &3 was nasty peace's of work,& I'm being kind.

:hihi:

thanks flyer, i new there was a good person to back me up.

brian 1941.

:hihi:

thanks flyer, i new there was a good person to back me up.

brian 1941.

Brian did you go to Fullwood village school ? how old was you in say 43 ?any chance we went to school together and does the name Unwin mean anything to you i think he started in 6

You may have known some of my family then Brian. The Gowers?

Gordon and Michael were the boys although i think Gordon was in Cottage 1.

Girls were Rita, Sandra, Irene, Doreen, and Iris.

hi do cath,s i remember your gordon, he was short- stocky-light,ish hair-and i think

he had some freckles. we use to have a sports day,and he was a very good runner.

yes he was in no1 house and i remember another lad called kenneth taylor in same house, and he had blond hair.---i new your sisters, but your sandra was fun we use to hang around with other lassers and lads. let me know more about gordon whatever.

Brian did you go to Fullwood village school ? how old was you in say 43 ?any chance we went to school together and does the name Unwin mean anything to you i think he started in 6

hi yer flyer. what is this village school your on about. i went in f.c.h about 1942,till about 1954,5. i first went into the girls side no13 with my half sister brenda walker then

they moved me into no6 with miss lindsay.tommy bothom said he moved into no6, but

i cant remember him being in with me. although i knew him very well.

p.s. i wished i was in canada, i have just had a 6 weeks holiday in australia last year oct-

nov,2007 on a camping holiday. lucky 4 some. owt else i can help u with. brian 1941.

:love::love::hihi::hihi::hihi:QUOTE=peterdo;1018169]Go to search, put in fch.

Skippy might be able to help.

Hi Flyer, I was in FCH #6 for around 12 years. I remember all the 3 brothers. There was Ronnie, Derek and then Earnest. Earnest married my half sister Sandra. I saw him in town centre about 3 weeks ago, he's doing well. There were 3 of us Kershaws, Barry was in #2, Gordon in #3 and i was in #6. Hope that helps, Brian.

I'm a little surprised that you didn't directly respond to my post that asked specifically if anyone knew the whereabouts of Ernest Hill. You apparently do. I'd love to make contact with him after all of these years. Do you have his address ...email or otherwise? Alternatively, could you let him know that I was asking about him?

Thanks.

hi do cath,s i remember your gordon, he was short- stocky-light,ish hair-and i think

he had some freckles. we use to have a sports day,and he was a very good runner.

yes he was in no1 house and i remember another lad called kenneth taylor in same house, and he had blond hair.---i new your sisters, but your sandra was fun we use to hang around with other lassers and lads. let me know more about gordon whatever.

Hi Brian

Thankyou for that. Have sent you a PM

hi yer flyer. what is this village school your on about. i went in f.c.h about 1942,till about 1954,5. i first went into the girls side no13 with my half sister brenda walker then

they moved me into no6 with miss lindsay.tommy bothom said he moved into no6, but

i cant remember him being in with me. although i knew him very well.

p.s. i wished i was in canada, i have just had a 6 weeks holiday in australia last year oct-

nov,2007 on a camping holiday. lucky 4 some. owt else i can help u with. brian 1941.

OkBrian maybe a little late, Fullwood village school closed around 42 I went on to Greystones which was also a pretty good school,I took my new wife around the area in 59 &the village school had reopened by then, we came to Canada in 65 1 wife 3 kids 3 suitcases with 300 dollars which just about paid for the months rent & food, O happy times i wouldn't miss it for the world Cheers Adrian:):)

hi tommy back again, was your cath in homes,let us know.

i remember you falling on them rails with the spikes stuck up on that gate, that was to stop poeple going over the wall. story was you were collecting red berries of that tree.

and not running away as said, i can just see that tree now. miss edge from no1 wraped you in a kitchen carpet from her house,till the ambulance came. thay took you to children hospital. answer this back tommy, i,ll tell you more. brian .

Hello Brian

My sisters were Beryl and marian both older than me and went into 16.

When Beryl left and got married she went back as a housemother with her husband after I left . Beryl and Tony Harrison.

I worked with my son on the Sheffield tram construction and he said that he had spoken to a Derek Hill who had been in the homes and knew me.

I went to look for him on the Penistone road section but had no luck as there was a lot going off at that time.

When I left the homes I was sent to the farm training centre at Mappleton for 3 months and then they took me to the Vesty estate on the yorkshire wolds.

How about you?

hello brian..... yes you are right.. gordon gower and kenneth taylor were in cottage 1 with winnie edge...but....memory fades kenneth taylor had black hair not blonde ,he was my brother...i was in 1 with them both

I'm currently trying to trace my fathers long lost brother born Frederick Taylor in 1944 - he was in FCH from a very early age , would be great if anyone knew him or had memories of him