Restaurants in Woodseats/Chesterfield Road Area

Hey all

Have just bought a house not far from Chesterfield Road and would like to try a few of the restaurants on there, but there are so many to pick from! Ideally i'd like to try an italian, i've seen two, Kitos and another (the name slips my mind, its near the big tree and ever so small). Has anyone been to either recently, or could anyone recommend anywhere good nearby?

thanks

the little italian near Big Tree is called Marco's. We have been going there for quite a while, it is little and very dated but never had a bad meal there. Kitos is good as well, nearby restaurant wise is Viraaj, indian which I dont rate but plenty do.Swanky Franks is nice, for a burger or steak. Further down, towards Meersbrook are several more restaurants, Everest indian, good. Rushour, which I think is now a surf and turf place, and a few samller ones I havent tried.

Woodseats has a good and varied amount of takeaways as well so give them a try, Sultans and kitchen king are particularly good.

and welcolm to Woodseats..

Thanks Shazza! What a brilliant little summary :) Im not from far away, but Ecclesall Road used to be our first choice for a meal.

I went to Swanky Franks not long ago, it was nice but nothing amazing. And we were basically sat in the dark which was odd..

Am I right in saying Kitos is BYOB?

Have you ever eaten at Kashmiri Aroma? I've heard fantastic things from them but haven't had the chance to see for myself!

Theres the Broadfield over on Abbeydale Road as well, so depending on where you bought, not a far walk.

Yes Kitos and Marco's are both BYO wine,not sure about beers, but deffo wine. Kashmiri Aroma, how can I leave that out I was only there on Friday, in a word excellent, good food nice staff, you must try it. Swanky Franks , as you said, its nothing special , burgers at Woodseats Palace are always OK if you want a burger and cheaper. there is a nice chinese Restaurant in Greenhill, Beijing City, near the roundabout across from the school. Been a couple of times and its nice, not superb but if you dont want to drive far its good. Woodseats also has the Abbey pub that does food, I havent been there recently but heard the pies are good. At the bottom of Woodseats Road there is a persian restaurant, was called the Shiraz may have changed its name, but that is nice for a different kind of spicey food. Lived in Woodseats over 25years so have tried everywhere around, some good some not so good.

As alternate geek has mentioned The Broadfield is just a bus ride away and the food is very nice and not too pricey, wines are dear tho.

There used to be an amazing Italian on London Rd, next to the White Lion pub, when it was called Portofinos.. When it changed hands (and now called Il Cucina) its just no where as nice :/ Shame as it was a lovely night out between the two places

My other half swears by Everest, but as I'm a picky eater, cant tell you if its any decent.

We`ve lived on Woodseats for a good few years and tried them all. Curry places are good (Kashmiri Aroma and Viraaj) but didn`t like Everest. Don`t rate the Italian places.

I second the nomination for the Broadfield. Great food and booze. Picture House Social is also good for Pizzas and Italian street food.

Yes Kitos and Marco's are both BYO wine,not sure about beers, but deffo wine. Kashmiri Aroma, how can I leave that out I was only there on Friday, in a word excellent, good food nice staff, you must try it. Swanky Franks , as you said, its nothing special , burgers at Woodseats Palace are always OK if you want a burger and cheaper. there is a nice chinese Restaurant in Greenhill, Beijing City, near the roundabout across from the school. Been a couple of times and its nice, not superb but if you dont want to drive far its good. Woodseats also has the Abbey pub that does food, I havent been there recently but heard the pies are good. At the bottom of Woodseats Road there is a persian restaurant, was called the Shiraz may have changed its name, but that is nice for a different kind of spicey food. Lived in Woodseats over 25years so have tried everywhere around, some good some not so good.

As alternate geek has mentioned The Broadfield is just a bus ride away and the food is very nice and not too pricey, wines are dear tho.

Thanks Shazza! I've been to the Broadfield, its lovely. I used to be in Millhouses and i've just bought my first house up in Lowedges so not too far away!

There used to be an amazing Italian on London Rd, next to the White Lion pub, when it was called Portofinos.. When it changed hands (and now called Il Cucina) its just no where as nice :/ Shame as it was a lovely night out between the two places

My other half swears by Everest, but as I'm a picky eater, cant tell you if its any decent.

Portafinos was lovely, I remember. I did wonder what the replacement was like, so maybe ill give it a miss!

Only one worth a visit on woodseats. Thats viraaj.

kitos has always been brilliant although it's quite small and I have always found you need to book .

the Kashmiri aroma is a brilliant Indian , the service is very good and their food is excellent I prefer this to anywhere in Sheffield

Kashmiri Aroma is probably the best Indian food in Sheffield. the restaurant is very nice and the service is really excellent.

Kitos is quite nice, Marco's is too but VERY dated!

if you want an amazing Italian meal then go to Marco @ Milanos on archer road.

enjoy!