Ecclesall COE school 1952 Mrs Booth

Marilyn Hasler, Daphne Arden, Allan Morrell etc.

Marilyn Hasler, Daphne Arden, Allan Morrell etc.

There are quite a few of us from that class still in contact Richo123. What do you want to know?

I left Sheffield at 15 and had a very good childhood in Sheffield. I remember Mrs Booths class of 50 pupils and was interested to know after 62 years how different pupils have done in their lives. She was very strict but fair and only 14 failed the 11 plus. I was one of those but managed to better myself with qualifications in later years. I have always kept in touch with Allan Morrell from that class and relatives of mine still live in Sheffield.

I left Sheffield at 15 and had a very good childhood in Sheffield. I remember Mrs Booths class of 50 pupils and was interested to know after 62 years how different pupils have done in their lives. She was very strict but fair and only 14 failed the 11 plus. I was one of those but managed to better myself with qualifications in later years. I have always kept in touch with Allan Morrell from that class and relatives of mine still live in Sheffield.

Richo123 - I will send a PM - please check your Message Inbox this evening.

Correct. I remember John Darwin.I have a photo of that class. You are on the back row. I remember you lived near the main School. We were in an annex.

I still have a list of all the pupils in that class. I went to Hunters Bar and then passed to go to The Central Tech in Leopold Street. Moved to South Wales in 1957.

Hope you are able to give info of others in that class.

Correct. I remember John Darwin.I have a photo of that class. You are on the back row. I remember you lived near the main School. We were in an annex.

I still have a list of all the pupils in that class. I went to Hunters Bar and then passed to go to The Central Tech in Leopold Street. Moved to South Wales in 1957.

Hope you are able to give info of others in that class.

Nice to hear from you Richo123. Would you email me please on the address given on the PM. Reason for this is I cannot tell you all about the other guys on a public forum without their permission and the PM system has a restriction on word numbers. Also, I think that most of the 'gang' are on Facebook, so if you are too, it would be handy.

Glad to hear that Allan is still alive and kicking. As I recall you both lived fairly close to each other and were both top blokes!

Thanks for reply. I'm not on facebook but will reply to your email.

Can you please send email as I don't seem to have it.

i vaguely remember Mrs Booth i spent my last days in the annexe before passing to Greystones Secondary Any one remember Paul Frost or Bill Spate ?