Winter wonderland

Does anyone know what has happened to the winter wonderland in the peace gardens.

It has closed down, according to the City Centre Facebook page due to unforeseen circumstances.

Makes you wonder why nobody runs a Santa Express or something. Steam ride to Meadowhall Station or somewhere, with a Santos Grotto and cafe at the end. Could run a train every hour

Edited by Mecky

Makes you wonder why nobody runs a Santa Express or something. Steam ride to Meadowhall Station or somewhere, with a Santos Grotto and cafe at the end. Could run a train every hour

Do it and make your fortune!

Went down south this weekend around Newbury. Santa's Grotto was wait for it folks....... a whopping £40!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheffield people would have had a heart attack. I would hear mutterings of How muchhhhhhhh? :hihi:

Do it and make your fortune!

Santa and romantic train rides are for children's happiness and entertainment, social development.

I have noticed that many here care more about profits and fortunes, making money then giving children a happy live.

maybe that is why so many are later depressed, taking pills and hurting themselves in other ways.

Spent the money give these kids a good time. If you can waste multiple millions on tour the France or a market, a little train ride for kids could be a good investment in their later health and happiness.

Edited by dutch

You can take a stream train journey and be visited by Father Christmas on the train at Elsecar Heritage Centre

http://www.elsecar-heritage-centre.co.uk/1709/santa-specials-train-rides/

http://www.elsecarrailway.co.uk/

Went down south this weekend around Newbury. Santa's Grotto was wait for it folks....... a whopping £40!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheffield people would have had a heart attack. I would hear mutterings of How muchhhhhhhh? :hihi:

Even childrens development, love, care has become a means of commercial business with the intention of exploitation.

When I look at children and their relation with these special adventures they have when going to see santa. It is disgusting to think someone wants to use this to financially extort the parents. They are as dirty and sick to me as any dictator out there.

Santa and romantinc train rides are for children's happiness and entertainment, social development.

I have noticed that many here care more about profits and fortunes, making money then giving children a happy live.

maybe that is why so many are later depressed, taking pills and hurting themselves in other ways.

Spent the money give these kids a good time. If you can waste multiple millions on tour the France or a market, a little train ride for kids could be a good investment in their later health and happiness.

Tell you what, go find some totally free land, a company who will supply power, fixtures and fittings, lights, animatronics, decorations, costumes, gifts and toys for free, staff who are prepared to work all day for no pay and maybe then you can have your little daydream.

Running any sort of event costs money. Lots of money. Its money our local authorities do not have the luxury of any more.

The market is private traders paying money to pitch and sell their wares there. The Tour de France was a extremely rare major event with masses of television coverage, corporate sponsorship and massive tourism appeal during its weekend. Hardly comparable to a council run Christmas grotto.

People CHOOSE to have children. Its up to the parents to raise and develop them.

Im sure a little bit of santa magic and entertainment for the kiddies is a good thing. But they are not my kids nor the millions of people who don't have kids of their own. Our taxes already pay for the essentials of life for children. Namely putting food in the mouths, a roof over their heads and a basic education.

If people want to treat them to presents or entertain them why should it be the state's role. You breed them. You pay for it.

Tell you what, go find some totally free land, a company who will supply power, fixtures and fittings, lights, animatronics, decorations, costumes, gifts and toys for free, staff who are prepared to work all day for no pay and maybe then you can have your little daydream.

Running any sort of event costs money. Lots of money. Its money our local authorities do not have the luxury of any more.

The market is private traders paying money to pitch and sell their wares there. The Tour de France was a extremely rare major event with masses of television coverage, corporate sponsorship and massive tourism appeal during its weekend. Hardly comparable to a council run Christmas grotto.

People CHOOSE to have children. Its up to the parents to raise and develop them.

Im sure a little bit of santa magic and entertainment for the kiddies is a good thing. But they are not my kids nor the millions of people who don't have kids of their own. Our taxes already pay for the essentials of life for children. Namely putting food in the mouths, a roof over their heads and a basic education.

If people want to treat them to presents or entertain them why should it be the state's role. You breed them. You pay for it.

Nothing wrong with asking for contributions to cover the actual cost of the expenses to see Santa, but not to make a fortune out of it.

With all your money talk you degrade human children to a breeding stock that cost money just like animals?

I question if you know what real love is after reading your comments.

Sorry I'm mistaken, you do love money, more than children. But that is a sick twisted perverted love.

Edited by dutch

Ha, ha, ha.....typical Sheffield. We took a group of kid's there on Saturday only to find out it was a ghost town. This council has got to be the worst in the country for organisation.... off with their heads!!!