Blades vs Saints

Southampton lost at Burnley today and think it was Robbie who said they would slip a little in form before coming to BDTBL on Tuesday.

Feeling quietly confident about this one now so watch Webbys 0-4 finally turn up :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Looking forward to this one and expecting the Westfield corner to be near enough full for a change.

Should be a good night, looking forward to it

We do play better on the counter attack against decent teams.

Lets hope the Saint's run of bad luck continues.

United had a brill run last year in the cup but think the way they are playing at the moment even if they up there game , Southampton will win Easily far too strong a squad .:(

Southampton are a good side but are going through a lull at the moment and it all depends on the team they put out and how they apply themselves to this game, similarly to last season united seem to get to play teams at the right time to progress in the cups, on paper a Saints win in reality who knows.

Southampton are a good side but are going through a lull at the moment and it all depends on the team they put out and how they apply themselves to this game, similarly to last season united seem to get to play teams at the right time to progress in the cups, on paper a Saints win in reality who knows.

We certainly played Charlton at the right time.

I think with these games we go to watch them more with hope than expectation and a win is a great lift and a bonus where as a loss is no big deal, as long as it isn't a massacre that is.

Edited by trav4

We certainly played Charlton at the right time.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Good one.

To be honest I can't see anything other than a Southampton win and possibly a fairly comfortable one as well.

It's not as if we are tearing through the third division for fun is it?

And bad few results or not, The Saints are still above Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham in the Premier League.

There is also the small matter of this game being two from a Wembley Final and possibly the only realistic chance they have of a Trophy this season.

I fear the worst :( But then we can concentrate on the League :o:D

You can't knock Dem Blades in the last two cup competitions, repeatedly beating teams from higher leagues including the premier.

We keep getting reminded we are a league one club so their efforts deserve respect.

Right, that 4-0 loss is coming in this game.

Southampton need a morale boost after a few bad games, it will be a game they can just enjoy without the pressure of the league.

Right, that 4-0 loss is coming in this game.

Southampton need a morale boost after a few bad games, it will be a game they can just enjoy without the pressure of the league.

It's being so cheerful what keeps you going isn't it? :)

Mind you, you may well be right.

No matter what, I shall be there shouting em on COYRAWW!

Big cup day tomoz or as you Wednesday lads call it "Tuesday" On paper we shouldn't stand a chance but as John Motson once said "Bramall lane on night's like these take some beating" or as jose mourinho said after our meeting in the premier league "Sheffield united fans are the heart of English football they make me laugh with chants slagging off Mourinho" Or theres the Chris Turner comment after united had smashed the owls AGAIN. "some of our players froze out there they havn't played in front of a crowd and atmosphere like that before" I'm going for a high scoring 3-2 win. One thing for sure Even a premier league side wont bang 7 past us and humiliate us. COYRAWW