2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Earlier on in this thread and earlier on this year Twirler predicted , (although we were all fed up with snow at that time,) that we would have snow at the end of february and here it is on the way. Cheers Twirler for keeping us informed. You are even better than the farming weather!

He's even better than Merlin in that case:hihi:

About to set off to Manchester, pleased my wife checked: Snake Pass is closed due to snow, please keep this in mind!

Well I for one love your early updates twirler

Your updates have served this forum very well over this winter and are looked for and welcomed :)

Quite agree, Twirler's updates have been fantastic, informative predictions without scaremongering,

You've been great Twirler, thanks for taking the time to interpret the information available to you and for passing it on.

I also respect Twirlers predictions and value them much more then the met office.

I hate snow anyhow and I thank goodness that I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to. Having said that I've got an important hospital appointment to attend next week. I would rather not go but I have to.

Agree wholeheartedly with all above quotes about Twirler.

To be fair to the Met Office. They give regional forecasts whilst Twirler very kindly gives us Sheffield's prospects.

Don't mind snow but can't cope with ice and am forced to stay indoors.

Thank you very much to you all, your words are all so very kind!

It is correct what people are suggesting, I have an easier job than the Met Office as I only have to consider the microclimate for Sheffield and it's immediate surrounding areas. I have got used to how the weather acts when it hits the hills etc, what pressure and temps are generally needed to produce snow here.

I'm no trained meteorologist so I rely on news outlets to tell me what's on the horizon a week in advance etc, I really come into my own when I'm sat watching cloud radars, pressure gauges and thermometer readings on fronts that are within 12 hours of us.

Be interesting to see what does transpire tomorrow, as ever I'll be here and glued to the radar as usual :)

Thank you very much to you all, your words are all so very kind!

It is correct what people are suggesting, I have an easier job than the Met Office as I only have to consider the microclimate for Sheffield and it's immediate surrounding areas. I have got used to how the weather acts when it hits the hills etc, what pressure and temps are generally needed to produce snow here.

I'm no trained meteorologist so I rely on news outlets to tell me what's on the horizon a week in advance etc, I really come into my own when I'm sat watching cloud radars, pressure gauges and thermometer readings on fronts that are within 12 hours of us.

Be interesting to see what does transpire tomorrow, as ever I'll be here and glued to the radar as usual :)

As usual Twirler I hope for heavy snow :)

light snow in s35, chapeltown and Icecream van just drove up the road with music on.....confused me for a moment haha

Edited by lubylou12

Rain with slight sleet in S6/S5

Snowing heavily in S12.

Light Sleet/Snow in Oughtibridge. Hope it doesn't get heavy and settle.