2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Yes, that's my concern. Schools are under pressure to stay open, but it's not safe for children to be walking to school when cars are skidding all over the place.

I bet there will plenty of little ones in nurseries. I know my three year old granddaughter has made it to hers this morning. My daughter took her on the 52 from Hillsborough to Brookhill then they walked it to the RHH. Just another nurse getting to work.

I bet there will plenty of little ones in nurseries. I know my three year old granddaughter has made it to hers this morning. My daughter took her on the 52 from Hillsborough to Brookhill then they walked it to the RHH. Just another nurse getting to work.

Good on her. Those that are doing all possible to maintain essential services deserve praise.

Just heard thunder in S8! Traffic hardly moving on Bocking Lane, 3 buses stuck at bottom, going nowhere. Avoid!

Yes good stuff.

It amazes me how many young people seem to have lost the ability to walk these days.

Anyone intending to try and drive up Jenkin Road shouldn't bother. There's a large Eddie Stobart truck stuck on the corner by the Nisa shop.

Thunder?

I thought it was snow dropping off the roof to the road

Coming down thick again

Doesn't look good on the traffic cameras at the moment

i think if a daily newspaper said it was going to snow gold coins tomorrow, there would be some people that would declare that they had seen it and that they have found some.:o

Just been along Penistone road and Herries road. cars, vans getting stuck. No doubt gritter will be out as soon as its eased a little. We went out to feed horse at 7.45 and wondered what all the fuss was about then it came down and it turned out a nightmare.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT UPDATE

National Rail Network - normal services operating via Sheffield.

Stagecoach Supertram - full network running but significant delays on street running sections due to road traffic congestion.

First buses - ALL SERVICES SUSPENDED

TM Travel buses - only services running are routes 2, 6 and 30 which are running main roads only.

Sheffield Community Transport buses - ALL SERVICES SUSPENDED

Stagecoach buses:

25 Woodhouse - City - Bradway: Service suspended

35A Chapeltown - Thorncliffe Ind.Estate: Operating full route

44 Rotherham - Chapeltown: Operating full route

45 Rotherham - Herringthorpe: Operating full route

52 Woodhouse - City -Hillsborough: Not able to serve Heavygate terminating at Gell Street

57 Sheffield - Stocksbridge Not serving Stocksbridge only using Manchester Road

79 Ecclesfield - Fox Hill - Batemoor: Not serving Wilcox Road/Foxhill, turning left onto Queens Road

79A Chapeltown - City - Batemoor: Not serving Batemoor, turning at Castle Road

83 Ecclesfield - City - Millhouses: Terminating at Hunters Bar not using Firshill

83A Ecclesfield - City -Fulwood: Not serving Fulwood buses turning at Hunters Bar

87 High Green - City - Lowedges: Terminating at Archer Road

88 Smithywood - City - Bents Green: Terminating at Hunters Bar and using Sicey Avenue

120 Halfway - Hallamshire Hosp/Fulwood: Diverting on Donesk Way and Sheffield Road to Birley Moor Road in both directions. Also diverting using Station Road turning right onto Westfield Northway. Terminating at Leopold Street

123 Crystal Peaks - City: Service suspended

265 Sheffield - Barnsley: Terminating at Chapeltown

SL3 Crystal Peaks Tram - Killamarsh: Operating full route

SL Middlewood Tram - Stocksbridge: Can only serve Manchester Road buses turning at Unsliven Bridge

SL2 Malin Bridge Tram - Stannington: Terminating at Neathergate Avenue

43 Chesterfield - Sheffield Operating main roads only not serving Holmesdale, Coal Aston,Gosforth and Dronfield Woodhouse

43A Hallowes Estate - Sheffield Operating main roads only not serving Coal Aston and Dronfield Woodhouse

44 Chesterfield - Sheffield: Operating main roads only not serving Coal Aston and Dronfield Woodhouse

50 50A Chesterfield - Sheffield: Operating full route

71/71A Chesterfield - Killamarsh - Sheffield: Operating full route

X17 GOLD Sheffield - Chesterfield - Matlock/ Wirksworth: Operating full route

Edited by Andy C

Starting again heavy here in Millsands.