2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Daughter has to get home from Hallamshire to Greenhill.

Anything going up Bocking Lane?

Anyone know what dronfield bypass is like?

if it helps anyone then the M1 from junction 36 to 46 is fine, the usual slowness in the road works and that's all really

Looks like there has been an accident at the top of Granville Road from City Road. Saw cars coming down it sideways on my walk into work about an hour ago. Just looked out of the office window and cars with hazards on at the top and not much coming down.

Here it comes again, in time for rush hours as twirler said! (darn he's good)

Looks like there has been an accident at the top of Granville Road from City Road. Saw cars coming down it sideways on my walk into work about an hour ago. Just looked out of the office window and cars with hazards on at the top and not much coming down.

I think pedestrians need eyes in the back of their head when it is like this. Granville road and city road do cause a lot of problems. It is scary watching the cars slide down and take out the parked cars on Granville it happens as soon as there is enough snow to cover the road, just due to the amount of traffic and no stopping distances....as there are cars parked lining the road they act as a buffer so thankfully the children walking to the school or college are protected a little. A hill can cause so many problems in the snow!

Edited by Evei

I think pedestrians need eyes in the back of their head when it is like this. Granville road and city road do cause a lot of problems. It is scary watching the cars slide down and take out the parked cars on Granville it happens as soon as there is enough snow to cover the road, just due to the amount of traffic and no stopping distances....as there are cars parked lining the road they act as a buffer so thankfully the children walking to the school or college are protected a little. A hill can cause so many problems in the snow!

I'm not going to lie - I was terrified walking down it this morning especially when a car travelled past me sideways after turning onto Granville from City Road! It made me want to turn round and walk back home for my own safety!!!

Yes, i'm a drama queen :hihi:

Yes, that's my concern. Schools are under pressure to stay open, but it's not safe for children to be walking to school when cars are skidding all over the place.

Extremely heavy snow now here in Stannington, how we haven't been given an amber warning is beyond me, it's dangerous to be outside!

Extremely heavy snow now here in Stannington, how we haven't been given an amber warning is beyond me, it's dangerous to be outside!

I thought I'd heard on SKYnews this morning that the whole of the country is on Amber now.

Anyone been on or live on Wood Lane Stannington? deciding if to take my daughter into school.

---------- Post added 29-01-2015 at 08:59 ----------

actually scrap that, just had a text from school, its now closed.

Bottom of Derbyshire lane there is a bus stuck, it's shut off by police this was at 8:45.

Warminster road isn't good at all. Norton lees road is bad too.