2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Thanks Danny. Suspect they might have to leave it now as all ye busses are heading up. Don't think the road is wide enough for them and a plow.

I suppose Gleadless Rd is the same, any buses going on there? The part near the Wyvern. Son hoping to get to work in Town.

ps Leighton Rd

Edited by tara

Derbyshire lane, Scarsdale Road and Warminster are shocking, at least one of these roads should be on the priorty gritting routes

Yep I tried to get up Derbyshire lane about half an hour ago and decided to leave it. Gridlocked going down, and all the way down Scarsdale, and there it was very slow going up too

Gleadless bus 79 tried to turn round and crashed in to a car- Radio Sheffield. Sorry if its already mentioned

Quite literally a bit of a damp squib here in Hillsborough, snow is there but melting rapidly so rather than waking up to a nice fluffy coating of snow we are straight into the smushy phase. Just stood in it and the top layer is white but the inch below it is slightly frozen water.

I slightly amend my statement, it is now coming down fast, if the temperature drops below 0 it could become an interesting affair out here.

All chapeltown, high green, Burncross Main roads are passable with care.

Cars using the thorncliffe industrial estate ratrun are getting stuck on the steep hill.

It's still coming down fairly heavily but struggling to settle, and looks like the worst is out the way (hope not though, I love it) :)

Not a great deal at millsands near Kelham island - most roads easily passable and only a flurry coming down.

Walkley to Barber Road all snarled up , no one moving. Car in the wall and a 95 stuck on the hill.

Bike ride to work delayed by 5 minutes but at least the studded tyres worked :)

if any one needs to get ii to work due to bad weather in or around s5 s6 or surrounding area emergency services i will get you there in my 4x4 any tel 07948609565 any time :help:

If anyone ever asks me why I love Sheffield - I'm just gonna show them this!

:clap:

A57, M1 Jct 31-34, S9 around Meadowhall - all clear, but lot of muddy spray (unsurprisingly), make sure your windscreen wash and wipers are in good working order.

Side roads between Woodsetts and North Anston - passable with care. Take extra care on 'the top' straight past Butterfly House (as usual), the road looks 'just' wet but it's black ice.

Impreza AWD finally starting to pay for itself this morning :)