2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

The snow made it, just started steady here.

Been snowing hard for about an hour up here , about half inch so far.

It is sleeting in Pitsmoor, sounds like it's snowing bad up in Bolderstone, Penistone, Grenoside etc. It's on it's way down!

It is sleeting in Pitsmoor, sounds like it's snowing bad up in Bolderstone, Penistone, Grenoside etc. It's on it's way down!

It's stopped again. Looks like it's just showers.

Not fun for you though Penistone.

We left Hillsborough at 515 after the match. It was sleeting all the way to Grenoside and then snow all the way to Huddersfield. The M62 towards Manchester is slushy and slow going but still snowing. Our one and a half hour drive took over two. It is passable at the moment but slow and looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better

Nothing to be seen on the jamcams.

It's rain & snow here, near Abbeydale road. Not settling though, thank god!

Luckily (or unluckily, depending on your point of view) the band has dissipated a bit as it arrived in Sheffield. Glossop and Castleton are getting hammered and it is quite bad over towards Market Rasen, but over Sheffield it has stopped. There is however another band close behind stretching from Bansley to near Harrogate that is throwing down moderately heavy snow that should come right over us. After that, there is a bit of a gap although as we know, the clouds can start snowing at any point, so we aren't out of the woods until late tomorrow morning I reckon.

I'm keeping an eye on the radar, being the weather geek that I am. I'll let you know if anything nasty is occurring!

Luckily (or unluckily, depending on your point of view) the band has dissipated a bit as it arrived in Sheffield. Glossop and Castleton are getting hammered and it is quite bad over towards Market Rasen, but over Sheffield it has stopped. There is however another band close behind stretching from Bansley to near Harrogate that is throwing down moderately heavy snow that should come right over us. After that, there is a bit of a gap although as we know, the clouds can start snowing at any point, so we aren't out of the woods until late tomorrow morning I reckon.

I'm keeping an eye on the radar, being the weather geek that I am. I'll let you know if anything nasty is occurring!

Wow, thanks for that. Our very own weatherman ?

I dont know what we would do without this thread;)