2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

We had a gritting lorry come down our road at lunchtime today with a plough on the front. He didn't use the plough or grit the road. ..just drove down the road. .where's the sense in that.

That page doesn't appear to have a specific link for re-filling grit bins - neither does the one referenced by the SCC twitter page

I said it was longwinded

at the bottom of the first page Grit/salt Bins press "Request a new Bin."

next page put your email address - continue - fill in details of where bin is stuated, and request having bin refilled. You will then get an email containing job reference.

A really pathetic response to the snow. More of a fiasco than the not ordering water for marathon.

The 52 Broomhill into town was off yesterday,the info hoards gave incorrect info,as did the Txt service,whats the point.Can almost give em a pass because Crooks is tricky.

Today howerever 11am,no service,boards giving wrong times and Txt service totally wrong info.

And as dor terminating the 52 at Brookhill Roundabout,what earthy purpose running it achieve.

Out of chance a passing student passed on there was no service,so I stuck a low tech handwritten note on the timetable board.

So instead of going by Crookes to Hilsboro backtracked to town. And yes the 51 did eventually turn up (packed), but at least 25 mins after the "info" boards claimed.

So I have been over to Middlewood back Southy to town seen no gritter,no one throwing grit on the ice sheet pavements,Bridge outside Rawsons dishonourable kention saw 3 people fall there in a couple mins.

Was it beyond them to unpadlock the so-so -ing gritbins early this morning?

And why don't Supertram have a guy going stop to stop clearing at least the first 2foot of platform as you step off ?.

Pathetic.........feel better for that. Otherwise beautiful blue sky day

I said it was longwinded

at the bottom of the first page Grit/salt Bins press "Request a new Bin."

next page put your email address - continue - fill in details of where bin is stuated, and request having bin refilled. You will then get an email containing job reference.

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Most posts are concerned with the state of the roads, and rightly so. Nobody wants road accidents.

But please spare a thought for pedestrians. Nothing is ever done to clear pavements. It is all too easy to slip and break bones, especially dangerous for the elderly.

Try Yaktrax. I wouldn't be without mine when it's like this.

Found my ice-grips today, they will be used tomorrow morning going to work.

Just to compare head over to the buxton weather site,to see how just as cashed strapped High Peak/Derbyshire councijs have done with the small matter of keeping,Cat and Fiddle,Tideswell Moor,Long Hill,Axe Edge and Eldon Hill open.

Great webcam too,with links to Flash Bar webcam

I've seen loads of people driving round with snow still covering their roof. Snow that will have now turned to ice.

Remember, it's against the law and it's also dangerous. Doesn't take 2 minutes to clear it off you lazy lot!

IT's not against the law this gets trotted out every year. It's not especially dangerous either but it is a little impolite to have snow fall off onto the car behind.

With the snow on the roof of a car. When it snowed a couple of years ago, a car was going too fast, some of the ice split off from the car and just whizzed past my head at a bus stop.

So it is dangerous for people to drive like that.

Derbyshire Lane hasn't been gritted for a few years now. I can only assume that a prospective Conservative councillor must have moved into the area.

Is anybody able to offer an update of the current situation on Hemsworth and Warminster Road? I've travelled out of town for Xmas and was hoping to come back tomorrow but might have to delay it if I can't get to my door.

Warminster road and Hemsworth road were done this afternoon but the plough just skimmed over the top of the already compact snow and laid about 3 grains of grit.