2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Spare a thought for those over the border. I had to go to chesterfield this morning and the a619 from jnct 30 was like glass, no ploughing no grit. Once I got into staveley I noticed a couple of borough council 4x4s one had a trailer. That must be a relief for the residents I thought. But they stopped and, wait for it........

.....emptied a couple of waste bins and drove off. 11 hours later the road to bolsover hadn't seen a gritter, and it was very icy. I saw one but considering its the main road into bolsover and its a steep hill Id be miffed.

I live in N E Derbyshire, and we had a letter from the council a few years ago stating that they weren't going to grit our area anymore. When we had the really have snow fall a few years ago, public transport stopped for a couple of weeks.

well done to Rotherham council for keeping the main roads open today :thumbsup: had to rescue a relative who had got a puncture outside the new Tesco drove there and back with no problems even managed to get down our road after it had been gritted once the neighbours and me had dug most of the hill out :D

I dont think its the council you need to thank, just that Rotherham didnt actually have much snow.

Have they even had the plows out in Sheffield? Pretty suprised at the state of even alot of the major roads not to mention many of the main bus routes.

Must be the budget cuts hitting as it seems like much less has been done this year than in previous years.

I live in N E Derbyshire, and we had a letter from the council a few years ago stating that they weren't going to grit our area anymore. When we had the really have snow fall a few years ago, public transport stopped for a couple of weeks.

Ah the winter of 2010. I do recall a snow plough coming through the estate to get rid of the pack ice about a week in.

Renishaw hill wasn't bad this morning though. Grit or just less snow?

I dont think its the council you need to thank, just that Rotherham didnt actually have much snow.

Have they even had the plows out in Sheffield? Pretty suprised at the state of even alot of the major roads not to mention many of the main bus routes.

Must be the budget cuts hitting as it seems like much less has been done this year than in previous years.

I am in Rotherham and we had 5 or 6 inches of snow last night.

ITS ALSO SNOWING AGAIN NOW.

Snow falling again in S12

Just starting again at Oughtibridge - who said 8pm earlier? They get a cookie.

Hi matey, that was me. Don't worry bout the gloves, they were just a spare set. I had a bit more fun pushing cars up the road after you went...then a few well deserved chocolate biscuits; -)

thanks man! They'll be staying the in the car for any such further events!

We got home fine, however the clutch smelt bad even 3 hours after!

Just started snowing again in S6

Trying again in Beighton, can't see it coming to anything like last night though. Maybe just a light dusting...