2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Thread for all weather updates and discussion.

If you need any help this winter please check the Cold Weather Resources thread:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1136699

A short cut to some of the links from above can be found here:

Resources and advice for dealing with the cold weather

Gritting, Snow Clearance & Council Services

Traffic cameras

Weather forecasts & flood warnings

Public Transport

Motoring and Travel

Edited by alternageek

Would it be more helpful if the title was changed to 'winter weather' 14/15 thread as there is usually far more than snow that can impact on the country at this time of year, might be worth including wind, flooding etc under this umbrella.

Doesn't look like we'll be getting snow this time but the signs point towards a blocking pattern occurring and some severe cold weather in Jan and Feb. Could be disruptive.

No it wouldn't. This is the SNOW megathread! :)

Would it be more helpful if the title was changed to 'winter weather' 14/15 thread as there is usually far more than snow that can impact on the country at this time of year, might be worth including wind, flooding etc under this umbrella.

Doesn't look like we'll be getting snow this time but the signs point towards a blocking pattern occurring and some severe cold weather in Jan and Feb. Could be disruptive.

Amended :)

Cold weather in Jan and Feb? Next you'll be telling us it'll be warm in July. :D

Dose anyone know if it's snowing in castleton ?

Was going to go for a drive to see the light's and have a meal but someone said it's snowing. The person who told me tell's porky's so i don't know if it's true .

I'm heading out that way later i'll let you know for definite but there was already snow on the ground earlier in the week and it has been sleeting in South Manchester this evening and snowing in the peaks according to Buxton Weather site.

I'm heading out that way later i'll let you know for definite but there was already snow on the ground earlier in the week and it has been sleeting in South Manchester this evening and snowing in the peaks according to Buxton Weather site.

Thank's

We love Castleton at Christmas.

Cold weather in Jan and Feb? Next you'll be telling us it'll be warm in July. :D

Severe cold weather. Like winter fuel payments, freezing rain making all surfaces like glass and potentially snow which will mean you can't get your car off your drive for a while.

Be careful particularly if you have recently re-surfaced paths.

Just been out and its like an ice rink.

There is a covering of snow on the ground in high spots like hollow meadows and the temperatures in the hills are just sub-zero. There's nothing significant to speak of though and there are no problems on the roads. No sign of snow or ice on the gritted routes.

Mummy is it going to snow yet?

:D