Hospital parking

Hardly a privilege to pay monthly for a parking permit which can't used because of the lack of permit only parking spaces and so having to pay and display.

What an odious person you are :gag:

Happy Christmas and thanks to all health care staff working over the holiday period. At least you won't have a problem parking !

The 'essential car users' car park will be entirely empty .

Sorry love but if your £1 a day was £10 a day you'd have a parking space because you would be paying what it is worth. As it is, your quid buys you exactly a quids worth of privilege.

Sorry love but if your £1 a day was £10 a day you'd have a parking space because you would be paying what it is worth. As it is, your quid buys you exactly a quids worth of privilege.

£1 a day ? I wish.

Time you were in bed 'love'- you're really not making any sense now.

Edited by Daven

£1 a day ? I wish.

Time you were in bed 'love'- you're really not making any sense now.

Up early you see. Things to do and a different time zone.

Didn't you say that you paid thirty quid a month for your permit?

Up early you see. Things to do and a different time zone.

Didn't you say that you paid thirty quid a month for your permit?

I didn't say how many shifts a month I work.

I didn't say how many shifts a month I work.

Debate where one side is Kafkaesque isn't especially productive. I take it that you are in dentistry since you seem to want to have me pull your teeth with every reply.

Look, the bottom line is that free and easy parking at work isn't a right, it is an advantage that some workplaces have over others. If you wanted to pay what your parking space is worth financially and environmentally then the Trust would make provision. This city is full of people who can't afford to drive to work, or who can't park at work, and still work unsocial hours and still manage to get to work and put up with the inconvenience.

The mistake that the Trust seems to have made is to humour you with a permit for something rather than nothing, and instead of feeling fortunate you feel slighted and disadvantaged instead of being thankful.

Personally, unless you are a genuine essential car for work purposes user I'd stop you parking on site and give you all a monthly bus pass on environmental grounds.

What is it about the NHS that makes so many of its workers feel that they are something special and that the normal ups and downs of life don't apply to them?. There's too much of this angels of mercy nonsense - get to work, do the job properly, or make way for somebody who will.

There's too much of this angels of mercy nonsense - get to work, do the job properly, or make way for somebody who will.

Who else can the job of a qualified nurse?

Who would you replace them with?

Serious question.

A labourer from Poland? Yeah, I’m sure he could care for your loved as ones just as much.

Who else can the job of a qualified nurse?

Serious question.

A labourer from Poland? Yeah, I’m sure he could care for your loved as ones just as much.

Who else can do the job of a qualified electrician?

Serious question.

An English nurse? Yeah, I’m sure he could care for your home just as much.

Who else can do the job of a qualified electrician?

Serious question.

An English nurse? Yeah, I’m sure he could care for your home just as much.

I have absolutely no idea what an electrician has to do with the issue of staff parking at the NGH, but yeah, keep talking nonsense and duck the issue

I have absolutely no idea what an electrician has to do with the issue of staff parking at the NGH, but yeah, keep talking nonsense and duck the issue

I have absolutely no idea what special parking privs have to do with staff at the NGH doing their job, but hey ho.

I have been following this thread since it began. I live near the NGH and am lucky enough to have a drive at the back of my house. So parking at my own home is not an issue for me. The road my house is actually on though is always crowded between 8am and 4pm. Many cars double parked to the extent buses struggle to get through at times. From my kitchen window I can see a new car park, they knocked some flats down to build it. The car park is accessed from Longley lane. This car park has approximately 50 spaces but I have never seen a car in it. Does anyone know who can use this car park and why is it never used please.

I have been following this thread since it began. I live near the NGH and am lucky enough to have a drive at the back of my house. So parking at my own home is not an issue for me. The road my house is actually on though is always crowded between 8am and 4pm. Many cars double parked to the extent buses struggle to get through at times. From my kitchen window I can see a new car park, they knocked some flats down to build it. The car park is accessed from Longley lane. This car park has approximately 50 spaces but I have never seen a car in it. Does anyone know who can use this car park and why is it never used please.

You do know that "double parked" means that cars are parked in two rows at the same side of the road. I have never seen that near the hospital.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DOUBLE_PARKED_CARS_ON_MANHATTAN%27S_172ND_STREET_-_NARA_-_549829.jpg

As to your local car park. Are there any signs in there? If they are associated with the Hospital there will be blue signs stating Permit, Consultant or Pay and display parking.

my next outpatients appointment is at 7.30pm whats the parking like at that time of night .

Edited by choogling