Hospital parking

They will buy a ticket and display it - the old fashioned way. Using the app is an option.

I don't think switching off your mobile is a requirement any more; I stand to be corrected. I recently spent 10 days in the cardiac unit at the NGH and had my 'phone on permanently in order to use my tablet tethered to its wifi.

I was at Hallamshire last week and signs were still saying mobiles must be switched off, not that anyone took any notice. :hihi:

I have to agree that parking at RHH is far worse than at NGH

There is no allocated staff parking for regular staff so staff are forced to pay the high rates to park, park offsite or use public transport which is not easy when working shifts.

I'd be interested to hear from RRH staff about how they manage.

I worked there as a nurse 1983 - 2004. We used to park on side roads until they were all double - yellow lined or made into 2 hour parking bays. I was lucky that my partner could drop me off on his way to work in the morning and pick me up after otherwise I faced a 9.30 pm walk down Mushroom Lane and Ponderosa to get home, or take an hour going the safe way to town and back. Late shifts I had to walk as there was no direct bus route.

We were told that management were not bothered how we got to work and back again (David Whitney the big boss) and that he himself had given up his permit...what he didn't add was that he'd secured parking for himself on the Beech Rd offices.

I don't know what happens now but consultants paid £50/year for parking and had that refunded when they left.

We were also informed that 'essential' staff had priority for parking passes but that we non-essential nurses were welcome to use the car park at weekends, nights and Bank hols when the essential staff suddenly weren't so essential after all.:hihi:

I worked there as a nurse 1983 - 2004. We used to park on side roads until they were all double - yellow lined or made into 2 hour parking bays. I was lucky that my partner could drop me off on his way to work in the morning and pick me up after otherwise I faced a 9.30 pm walk down Mushroom Lane and Ponderosa to get home, or take an hour going the safe way to town and back. Late shifts I had to walk as there was no direct bus route.

We were told that management were not bothered how we got to work and back again (David Whitney the big boss) and that he himself had given up his permit...what he didn't add was that he'd secured parking for himself on the Beech Rd offices.

I don't know what happens now but consultants paid £50/year for parking and had that refunded when they left.

We were also informed that 'essential' staff had priority for parking passes but that we non-essential nurses were welcome to use the car park at weekends, nights and Bank hols when the essential staff suddenly weren't so essential after all.:hihi:

Exactly so. There is a car park at NGH for 'essential car users' which is completely empty after 6pm and at weekends and on bank holidays ! How essential are these staff ?

Guest busdriver1
Annie wrote that 2014, in those days it was normal to wait 30 minutes then see 6 buses back to back, and in those days #3 bus didn't connect NGH with meadowhall like it does now.

I was visiting then as well and there was still no problems. Longest wait I had was 10 minutes. There have been buses from the Northern General to Meadowhall for years.

I was visiting then as well and there was still no problems. Longest wait I had was 10 minutes. There have been buses from the Northern General to Meadowhall for years.

We are talking about 2014! The year annie posted her observation you commented on. Those days it was normal to wait forever then see few buses back to back. It is a lot better now.

Don't remember exactly what year they started to connect 3bus ngh to mhall it was around 2014 but before that you better called a taxi.

Edited by dutch

Went to princess royal spinal injuries hospital yesterday parked free with blue badge receptionist said new parking firm has took over no blue badge you will get a parking ticket

Guest busdriver1
We are talking about 2014! The year annie posted her observation you commented on. Those days it was normal to wait forever then see few buses back to back. It is a lot better now.

Don't remember exactly what year they started to connect 3bus ngh to mhall it was around 2014 but before that you better called a taxi.

As I clearly stated, I was visiting then and before, and as I stated, I had no great difficulties then or before back as far as 2010.

The bus services were there if you looked.

I repeat I have never had to wait for more than 10 minutes for a bus there and find that completely acceptable. True the services have changed, but they have always been there and in my experience fairly reliable.

Now if you want to talk about buses running in bunches after long gaps then my trips to Hallamshire using the 120 will tell you a different story.

I think for the big hospitals in sheffield its better to use public transport as driving in sheffield ive always found to be a nightmare

As I clearly stated, I was visiting then and before, and as I stated, I had no great difficulties then or before back as far as 2010.

The bus services were there if you looked.

I repeat I have never had to wait for more than 10 minutes for a bus there and find that completely acceptable. True the services have changed, but they have always been there and in my experience fairly reliable.

Now if you want to talk about buses running in bunches after long gaps then my trips to Hallamshire using the 120 will tell you a different story.

You can state what you want cause in reality problems didn't get sorted until 2015.

just read this

The car park at the Royal Hallamshire would be full by 9am if parking was free.

Parking use to be free at Chesterfield Royal but people parked their car and caught bus into town for work. Anything to save on parking.

Guest busdriver1
You can state what you want cause in reality problems didn't get sorted until 2015.

just read this

A link to a thread where people are complaining about changes to services and the resulting confusion does not prove that the service was poor before hand and in many ways implies it was better.

I say AGAIN as you seem to have trouble comprehending it.

I did not have problems before then and I dont have problems after that time. Sorry if it does not fit your agenda but that is my personal experience. Like it or not.