Hospital parking

Of course, I'd love the supertram to link the universities and hospitals, but the council, SYPTE and the bus companies can't think that far ahead yet. [/color]

Several years ago, SYPTE made a bid for government funding to extend the tram to the Hallamshire, Broomhill and Ranmoor. They were refused and told to look to buses as they offered better value.

NGH has good bus links from the city centre. Take the First 47, 48, 75, 76 or Stagecoach 88, all of which run every ten to fifteen minutes during the day.

Of course, I'd love the supertram to link the universities and hospitals, but the council, SYPTE and the bus companies can't think that far ahead yet.

This limited number of buses and even more limited number of destinations from NGH show how bad a hospital built on the edge is for public transport.

As has been said it was the lack of government support that ended any Supertram extension plans.

Guest busdriver1
This limited number of buses and even more limited number of destinations from NGH show how bad a hospital built on the edge is for public transport.

As has been said it was the lack of government support that ended any Supertram extension plans.

Ironically I frequently use both Hospitals and from Rotherham the Northern General is quite easy to get to by Public Transport, and in some ways a lot easier than Hallamshire.

Edited by Daven

Ironically I frequently use both Hospitals and from Rotherham the Northern General is quite easy to get to by Public Transport, and in some ways a lot easier than Hallamshire.

Annie wrote that 2014, in those days it was normal to wait 30 minutes then see 6 buses back to back, and in those days #3 bus didn't connect NGH with meadowhall like it does now.

the parking at the hallamshire is impossible a lot of the time pay or not its a disgrace.

I have to agree that parking at RHH is far worse than at NGH

There is no allocated staff parking for regular staff so staff are forced to pay the high rates to park, park offsite or use public transport which is not easy when working shifts.

I'd be interested to hear from RRH staff about how they manage.

Edited by Daven

Just as a matter of interest if you do not know you now have to pay to park at Weston Park Hospital and you know what limited parking there is there as well as still queueing on the road.

The article says that you can top up your parking without returning to your car, how can you when you are supposed to switch off your mobile in the hospital. :loopy:

The article says that you can top up your parking without returning to your car, how can you when you are supposed to switch off your mobile in the hospital. :loopy:

I don't think switching off your mobile is a requirement any more; I stand to be corrected. I recently spent 10 days in the cardiac unit at the NGH and had my 'phone on permanently in order to use my tablet tethered to its wifi.

If they are going to use technology then they can surely give an hourly rate and then charge by the minute. People would then pay for the actual time they parked rather than a fixed rate where you pay up front. Charging like that, people will not feel ripped off and won't be paying for the time they are not parked. What will happen to people who do not use modern technology, how will they be charged.

Edited by iansheff