What's happening on Bridge Street?

My bus has been diverted and just went past Bridge Street and Waingate corner and it's taped off by police, loads of cars and a couple of ambulances, looked to be working on someone in the road...

Hope they're ok and it's nothing serious.

Theres just been a brief report on the radio saying theres been an accident between a vehicle and a pedestrian.

Hope all involved are ok.

seems like someone was knocked down by an 83a bus crossing from behind old markets, straight through towards the courts.... could be wrong though... (that's what it looked like as I walked past.....

Edited by loobylou-lou

An old man had been hit by the bus . I saw the paramedics trying to revive him . Apparently he was blind in one of his eyes so maybe he didn't see the bus . It didn't look good at the scene so many really hope he's ok . My heart goes out to his family

I hope the old guy makes a full recovery.Ditto the bus driver. It cant be an easy thing to live with, hitting another human being.

Oh dear, that's terrible to hear. Hope he's ok (and as above, the bus driver too).

It's a strange little junction that, I don't think people think anything uses it, so can be a little bit of a suprise when Taxis and now (only recently have routes been changed) buses too.

I frequently walk from the corner of Millsands across to the bottom corner of waingate, and you do have to be aware to look down to Castle St to check a Bus isn't coming straight across and through.

I hope both are ok there was an accident before outside primark involving bus and tram

RIP heart goes out to the family