Cuts in Police service

Before this thread deteriorates into yet another police bashing one - just remember that the police are just as peed off about the cuts as we are. They do a very difficult job and the suggestion that their resources are going to be further cut is demoralising for the vast majority of them who care about their job and the standards they are able to work to with a passion particularly the average bobby on the 'shop floor'.

Hi Dave, I am full of admiration for the Police who fight at the sharp end and I know that they put their own safety/life at stake when on patrol not knowing what they may encounter around the next corner or as result of a 999 callout.

But doesn't that make it more obvious that what is required, is a substantial recruitment campaign rather than the loss in the ranks by not replacing the natural reduction as the result of retirement etc.

The die was cast many years ago when Labour introduced PCSO's. They were, and are, little more than a cheaper way of getting 'uniforms' and 'visibility' increased and conning the public into thinking there had been some sort of miraculous new way of doing things.

It hasn't worked, all you have is an increased number of these, being the so-called eyes and ears of the cops, but handing whatever they find out to less and less 'real' cops to do the proper policing stuff.

Well, the public haven't been 'conned' any more - give me more real cops any day - and yes I would be happy to pay more council tax if it meant we had more out on the beat.

Hi Dave, I am full of admiration for the Police who fight at the sharp end and I know that they put their own safety/life at stake when on patrol not knowing what they may encounter around the next corner or as result of a 999 callout.

But doesn't that make it more obvious that what is required, is a substantial recruitment campaign rather than the loss in the ranks by not replacing the natural reduction as the result of retirement etc.

Wholeheartedly agree mate.

Would get rid of those who keep going on a holiday to Portugal on the Maddie case,they've found nothing after all these trips.

High profile cases like Maddies joke of an investigation will be ring-fenced. As will the doughnut budget lol.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 11:46 ----------

Expect to see an increase in volunteer bobbies over the next few years.

As SYP is the world's first invisible Police Force will anybody ever notice any cuts

As SYP is the world's first invisible Police Force will anybody ever notice any cuts

To be fair to the front line Bobbies they cant be everywhere at once.

To be fair to the front line Bobbies they cant be everywhere at once.

My point exactly.

But why is it said that "employment is down" when there is obviously a need for more Police Officers to be employed in South Yorkshire?

I know that Policing is not a profit making institute but as a knock on effect if there is less crime about there may be more interest in the corporate industry setting up in South Yorkshire.

It seems a win-win situation to me.:confused:

My point exactly.

But why is it said that "employment is down" when there is obviously a need for more Police Officers to be employed in South Yorkshire?

I know that Policing is not a profit making institute but as a knock on effect if there is less crime about there may be more interest in the corporate industry setting up in South Yorkshire.

It seems a win-win situation to me.:confused:

You do realise the country is running a very large deficit and they need to cut what we spend/ borrow? Not being in debt has more economic benefits than falling crime figures, which are still falling at the moment.

If this and the figures are correct I'm all for it:

Labour plan to scrap Police Crime Commissioners

Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper says Labour's plan to scrap police and crime commissioners will save £50 million which can be put back into front line policing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11111745/Labour-plan-to-scrap-Police-Crime-Commissioners.html

Although in 2012 Labour said:

http://www2.labour.org.uk/about-labour-police-and-crime-commissioners/

The big problem there is Labour need to win an Election to do this . :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 20:19 ----------

You do realise the country is running a very large deficit and they need to cut what we spend/ borrow? Not being in debt has more economic benefits than falling crime figures, which are still falling at the moment.

According to official Government figures , which as far as we know could be absolute cobblers . Do you believe everything the Government tell you. ? :roll:

The thing is, in my thoughts.

Whatever party is in government and they promise all the things that we all want to hear.

Why don't they deliver?

It is so disappointing and disillusioning when they don't.

Depressing or what? :(

The big problem there is Labour need to win an Election to do this . :hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 20:19 ----------

According to official Government figures , which as far as we know could be absolute cobblers . Do you believe everything the Government tell you. ? :roll:

They arent produced by the government though, so the ones produced by the ONS, then yes. Take the time to actually learn about things.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 21:22 ----------

The thing is, in my thoughts.

Whatever party is in government and they promise all the things that we all want to hear.

Why don't they deliver?

It is so disappointing and disillusioning when they don't.

Depressing or what? :(

Thats the nature of politics, you also need to understand and be able to match what promises actually mean as they are very careful with words.

They arent produced by the government though, so the ones produced by the ONS, then yes. Take the time to actually learn about things.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 21:22 ----------

Thats the nature of politics, you also need to understand and be able to match what promises actually mean as they are very careful with words.

So, because they're produced by the ONS, they're bound to be a true reflection?

How is it crime figures are falling when there a supposed to be less bobbies?

Perhaps it's the fact that most people think it's a complete waste of time, effort and money making a call to 101 because Jack will happen. The "service" is appalling.

The Police need to revert to local control centres staffed by people who actually know the local area and actually give a damn about the public.