Sheffield City Councill must save £60 million.

stop paying out thousands for food and free taxis and partys ect ,for tenants assciations

to talk nonsense,they only need to talk to there area reps,this with the staff and offices

would save thousands,plus stop all the jollys held at the townhall by the councillors.

stop paying out thousands for food and free taxis and partys ect ,for tenants assciations

to talk nonsense,they only need to talk to there area reps,this with the staff and offices

would save thousands,plus stop all the jollys held at the townhall by the councillors.

"Jollys"?

Such as?

Don't think those are the ones held at the Town Hall that Mr Tin Foil Hat was on about :)

Don't think those are the ones held at the Town Hall that Mr Tin Foil Hat was on about :)

Jolly`s none the less though. :)

Let me speculate - will they cut back on consultants, on refurbishment of new offices (throwing out good and serviceable equipment because it doesn't match the new decor), will they chase up those who owe money with serious intent on getting the money in, or will they scout round and say - ha ha - lets clobber the elderly, the sick, the disabled,those with special needs, those who rely on us for the everyday privilege of life - what a good idea - lets slash welfare, lets slash support, but hey ho lets keep our offices nice and warm and say - "its not my problem guv!"

I know someone who has just moved into Moorfoot and if anything they are saving money by getting rid of all the premises they lease and moving people into all the premises they own. Moorfoot was a state so needed a lick of paint or whatever but will save money in the long run. So you can't really criticise them for refurbing offices if it saves money long term.

As for chasing debt, every council area has debt and it costs money to chase.

I know someone who has just moved into Moorfoot and if anything they are saving money by getting rid of all the premises they lease and moving people into all the premises they own. Moorfoot was a state so needed a lick of paint or whatever but will save money in the long run. So you can't really criticise them for refurbing offices if it saves money long term.

As for chasing debt, every council area has debt and it costs money to chase.

Moorfoot is an old building (I worked in it before SCC took it over). It needs more than a lick of paint inside. Don;t be fooled by the foyer - the upstairs isn't quite as posh. We got rid of it because the fabric of the building including heating etc was so old and in need of renewal it wasn't cost effective to keep it. I doubt that SCC have filled it yet so they should consolidate into fewer buildings. That's exactly what we did hence why we're not in there now - less of us across Sheffield and we couldn't fill it nor afford the repairs.

Moorfoot is an old building (I worked in it before SCC took it over). It needs more than a lick of paint inside. Don;t be fooled by the foyer - the upstairs isn't quite as posh. We got rid of it because the fabric of the building including heating etc was so old and in need of renewal it wasn't cost effective to keep it. I doubt that SCC have filled it yet so they should consolidate into fewer buildings. That's exactly what we did hence why we're not in there now - less of us across Sheffield and we couldn't fill it nor afford the repairs.

Been told that most of floors 4-6 are empty but the rest is inhabited. Makes sense to move into a building you own rather than pay rent on loads.

~This has probably been said already, its a long thread but they could save a **** load by getting rid of some of those damn traffic lights. Its like a very tacky Christmas 365 days a year. I bet they costs a bomb too.

~This has probably been said already, its a long thread but they could save a **** load by getting rid of some of those damn traffic lights. Its like a very tacky Christmas 365 days a year. I bet they costs a bomb too.

Isn't introducing initiatives like more traffic lights to cause congestion what council planners get their bonuses for?