Sheffield City Councill must save £60 million.

Well how many councillors would that get rid of, and what is their cost to the council?

(You've got salary, pensions and other stuff)

How much allowance are councillors allowed?

I can't help but think asking a bunch of councillors to reduce their numbers by 30% is like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 17:26 ----------

MP the are too many representing sheffield areas

Sheffield MP's are paid by SCC??

I'm not so sure.

Well how many councillors would that get rid of, and what is their cost to the council?

(You've got salary, pensions and other stuff)

How much allowance are councillors allowed?

I can't help but think asking a bunch of councillors to reduce their numbers by 30% is like asking Turkeys to vote for Christmas.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 17:26 ----------

Sheffield MP's are paid by SCC??

I'm not so sure.

MP's are paid by central government.

Also, I doubt getting rid of, lets say, half the councillors, would save that amount of money. Show your working, please

Also, I doubt getting rid of, lets say, half the councillors, would save that amount of money. Show your working, please

9.1million a year on 84 councillors Sheffield basic rate

3 million a year for special responsibility allowance 47 councillors

12.1 million

ex travel

Who said it had to save 60 million??

Saving a couple of million in a number of places where there is fat to cut would be best, especially if it leaves front line services alone.

---------- Post added 10-12-2014 at 17:42 ----------

Are councillors paid a wage?

I assume they don't work for free??

Cut housing benefit to £300 a month max instead of £400+

If 200,000 people in sheffield are on housing benefit we can save over £20 million a year.

talk about biting the hand that feeds you:hihi::hihi::hihi:

talk about biting the hand that feeds you:hihi::hihi::hihi:

For a landlord they seem to support policies that would take away their source of income :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Like cutting housing benefits and moving all people into a load of new council flats.

9.1million a year on 84 councillors Sheffield basic rate

3 million a year for special responsibility allowance 47 councillors

12.1 million

ex travel

£9,100,000 is peanuts compare to housing benefit

£28,000,000,000

I assume they don't work for free??

A quick google says that councillors aren't paid a salary, they do it around their current job.

There is no salary for being a Councillor. However all Councillors are paid a basic allowance of around £10,000 a year to meet travel and other costs and to reflect the time it takes to be a Councillor.

If a Councillor becomes a Cabinet Member or Committee Chairman they will also receive an additional special responsibility allowance to reflect the extra work and responsibility they have taken on.

Cut housing benefit to £300 a month max instead of £400+

If 200,000 people in sheffield are on housing benefit we can save over £20 million a year.

We wouldn't save anything. HB is only administered by the council. It's paid by the government.

WASTAGE

SCC wastes so much money its criminal . There are so many ways they can save cash , so much waste ,but here`s just a few.

1/ They waste hundreds of thousands of pounds of tax payers money every year cleaning up fly tipping , when simply scrapping the moronic policy of banning large vans from the dump it sites would stop the majority of fly tipping overnight saving a fortune in cleaning it up.

2/ The council waste a fortune every year on consultancy fees ,when they already have highly paid managers who should be capable of making these decisions themselves without wasting a fortune on consultants.

3/ Councillors going on free "Jollys" ,dressed up as fact finding missions . another area where vast amounts of money is wasted.

There are plenty more areas where this council waste vast amounts of money .

The council have a statutory duty to provide some services don't they? So they can't just get rid of some things.

But the main problem is the political mindset. Labour thinks the state should provide for everyone in need, the Tories are trying to shrink the size of the state. So this will be an ongoing saga.