Sheffield City Councill must save £60 million.

Maybe if the brakes were put on the gravy train there would be a significant saving??

How much does the council spend every year on Taxi's ferrying people around?

How much money is spent on free food for meetings?

How much money is spent on making council managers life comfortable??

You're hardly likely to get that answer on here but you can get it with a Freedom of Information request.

You'd need to do a bunch to cover everything really.

but my point is if alot of it was stopped then the saving might actually be significant.

I know my work doesn't lay on Taxi's and a buffet lunch when they have a meeting.

Cut housing benefit to £300 a month max instead of £400+

If 200,000 people in sheffield are on housing benefit we can save over £20 million a year.

Edited by landlordshef

So what about the shortfall in rent??

It'd just lead to a massive increase in evictions as people wouldn't be able to pay.

So what about the shortfall in rent??

It'd just lead to a massive increase in evictions as people wouldn't be able to pay.

Built loads of tower blocks and stick all the unemployed there. it will be a lot cheaper then paying the high rent demanded by landlords

How can a £25000 house in page hall can generate a income of £5000 a year.

So in 5 years the house is all paid for.

My previous employer expected annual cost reductions of at least 5% per annum, and reducing wages or cutting the service to customers was not an option. We had to look at the way the work was done and improve it, as well as tough negotiations with suppliers.

It's a cop-out for councils just to cut services and blame the Government

Can we ask Peel Holdings to contribute £50 million for that airport they cheated us out of?

An excellent point!

And still no satisfactory explanation or enquiry...

You expect the Council to conduct a thorough and fair enquiry into their own failings??

My previous employer expected annual cost reductions of at least 5% per annum, and reducing wages or cutting the service to customers was not an option. We had to look at the way the work was done and improve it, as well as tough negotiations with suppliers.

It's a cop-out for councils just to cut services and blame the Government

This idea of streamlining processes and getting value for money is exactly what the Government wanted public services to do when the very first cuts were announced.

Whilst changes have probably been made in that respect - that sort of thing is difficult to identify from the outside - the gut feel for SCC certainly is to just employ a load of external consultants on high £ then cut front line services anyway, as either the consultants were incompetent or the council refuses to change.

Cut the amount of councillors they are in sheffield, 84 labour mpss receive 12.1 million in wages half the amount of councillors they is....sell of green land around the city for property development... ,Let people look after their own communities.. instead of amey coming in and make more of a mess

Cut the amount of councillors they are in sheffield, 84 labour mpss receive 12.1 million in wages half the amount of councillors they is.

Sorry, what????

Other than not understanding why you are bring MP's into it, and specifically Labour ones (although I can hazard a guess given your agenda-laden threads from the past few weeks), you make it sound like councillors are earning a kings ransom.

I actually agree that three councillors a ward is probably too many, two would probably suffice, but the cost savings wouldn't even scratch the surface. Although any opportunity to consign J*** S**** to the political wilderness would be nice :D

Edited by No User Name

Sorry, what????

Other than not understanding why you are bring MP's into it, and specifically Labour ones (although I can hazard a guess given your agenda-laden threads from the past few weeks), you make it sound like councillors are earning a kings ransom.

I actually agree that three councillors a ward is probably too many, two would probably suffice, but the cost savings wouldn't even scratch the surface. Although any opportunity to consign J*** S**** to the political wilderness would be nice :D

MP the are too many representing sheffield areas cut the amount of councillors they is ..save around £6-7 million ...don't need a lord a mayor get rid of him and his chauffeur .. for starters